• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Is there a place to buy Mechanix gloves around Indy?

before you put your money on these Mechanix, take a look at the Tillman Truefit 1472 gloves.

I'm a fabricator coming from mechanic background. I used to wear Mechanix gloves all the time, provided by the shop. they just don't last long enough to justify the cost, if I were paying for them with my own money.

The TIllman's are made of same synthetic materials on the back but the palm and fingers are top grain goatskin, it is 10x more durable than the fake suede on the Mechanix.

Around Indy, you can buy then at any welding supply stores, Indiana Oxygen, Sutton Garten, Inweld, Airgas, Praxair, etc.

It's about $13 a pair. any welder would tell you Tillman makes good stuff, they have been around 80+ years.

OXk56h6R296hmelU.jpg

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I find that most of the mechanic style gloves work well. Lately I've been using these Worx brand leather gloves from Harbor Freight:

Goatskin Riding Work Gloves, Large

Sometimes if its too cold for just those gloves, or I'm out for a long time, I'll wear some form-fitting knit gloves underneath them:

Polypropylene Gloves, 6 Pair

Wearing both together is more restrictive, but I can still manipulate the gun pretty well.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Costco has a set of gloves made by Head that are plenty thin for weapon manipulation yet reasonably warm. They also have the pads to allow working a touch screen device and they're only $13.
    Got to agree with the above. I also use the thin under armor ones but the 'Head' brand allows for touch screen operation. That shows the dexterity that these gloves allow.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have been using a Seirus Ultra Sport for the last 5 years and they are both warm and thin. I use them on the bicycle down to zero degrees and have not had a problem.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    UA liners for me. If it's really cold, a pair of brown cotton jersey gloves over them up the warm factor exponentially. I know, I know, cotton kills. But for general walkin round town, I'll take my chances.:rolleyes:

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Hmmm I wanna check out the UA gloves. Been looking for some thin gloves as the finger / trigger guard on my cm9 is pretty compact. Most gloves I own for winter are too thick to fit comfortably.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ironman7112
    Top Bottom