• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    Got an email notification from PSA they have complete lowers on sale for under $200.

On the other side I went into Gander Mountain in Lafayette this morning to pick up some
    .22LR.
    They had about 20 boxes and 5 bricks of Rem and Win.
    The Rem was $4.69/box, the Win $6.49/box.
    How much for a brick of Rem asked I.
    $46.90 for the brick of Rem says the clerk.

I almost fell down laughing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Atlas5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I've been deployed to Afghanistan since late Feb and have been wondering how the prices have been. I normally buy my ammo from Gander Mountain but it looks like I might have to start looking in other places.

dontcha

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    compared to the 1.5c a rd I was paying when gas was 36c a gallon, 10c a rd is still cheap. The .22 ammo makers have held the line against inflation a long, long time, but the cost of brass, lead, etc, has gone up. I seriously doubt that we will ever again see 6c per rd for .22lr, much less 4c per rd. and we could easily never see 8c per rd again. I do know that if I can make a deal for $300 for a 5000 rd case, I'm buying about 20 of them. No, I'm not kidding. I can't lose much and I will probably save myself a small fortune over the next 10 years. If I again see prices at 20c per rd for .22, i'll sell about half of that 100k, and laugh about it, too.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I can find it for a little over $0.06 a round at a LGS on most days for Winchester bulk packs. It seems it will come back down some still. Hopefully all the D-bags that were selling it for $60/brick are forced to eat their losses. In fact I think I'm gonna run over the Blythes in Griffith right now on my lunch time and see what they have available.

I was lucky and ordered a few thousand rounds for $0.04/rd less than a week before Sandy Hook. I still have a little left, but from now on as prices come back to down to sane amounts I'm going to buy a brick every couple of weeks.

Last edited:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Got an email notification from PSA they have complete lowers on sale for under $200.

On the other side I went into Gander Mountain in Lafayette this morning to pick up some
    .22LR.
    They had about 20 boxes and 5 bricks of Rem and Win.
    The Rem was $4.69/box, the Win $6.49/box.
    How much for a brick of Rem asked I.
    $46.90 for the brick of Rem says the clerk.

I almost fell down laughing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited to keep people from getting angry.

Last edited:

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just wait it out. There is .223 and 7.62 sitting on the shelves of wally world now and 2 months ago it would of been snatched up.. Supply will catch up and prices will drop.

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    My whole life it was $0.02 a rd. You could go into K-Mart and buy Rem or Winchester for $0.99 a box of 50rds any day of the week. It may never go back to those prices but $0.04 per rd seems possible. I simply won't pay $0.10 or even $0.08 a rd. For that kind of money, I can almost shoot 9mm. I keep finding 9mm for $12 a box here and there. I buy it when I see it.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    No such thing as ammo gouging.

Gander Mountain has always been on the high end of the price curve. What you are seeing is the new high end of "normal." Why do you think the price of gas/milk/everything goes up based on the market (including inflation) but ammo will stay the same?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Buddy went to knob creek last week. He said ammo is freaking everywhere down there at a decent price for everything "BUT"..............wait for it....................22LR.
    He said there were skids of it but the price was relative to what we are all seeing.
    I have my doubts that we will ever again see dirt cheap .22
    Once they have you, they will not let go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok, how is what Gander Mountain doing gouging?

They set a price, you don't have to pay it.

Where are you getting cheap .22 now?

Exactly^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Getting pretty tired of all the crying. If you can not afford a hobby it is time to reconsider what you are doing.
    We shoot .45 ACP and I have not Boo-Boo lipped about the rise in price.
    I do not like it at all but I will continue to shoot as I can.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    I went to Gander Mountain for the first time last week. All their prices were out of line, I won't be back.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    GM might be on the high side, but it's the only place I found that had any .22 LR in stock, so I got a 1000 rds. It was about $107.00. Bought some at a LGS but the limit was 2 boxes of 50 LR for $5 each, and $9 for the Stingers. I haven't see any .22 at WalMart all summer, but I found Win. 380 of 100 for $38. Heck I drove all the way to Martinsville to buy some .25.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    I got 2000 rounds at cabelas in Hammond in the last 3 months for $90 for all of them. Just have to be at the right place at the right time.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was in Rural King and they had 50 round boxes of .22LR for 8 bucks/box. I was stunned....and walked away. Very thankful my brother had a spare brick he gave me earlier this year so I could take my daughter out shooting. I don't shoot .22 much...so its been OK.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I paid about that ($2.29) at the evil, gouging Gander Mountain within the last 6 weeks.

I just saw, last week, CCI LR 40 gr. at Gander for $4.99, 10 box limit. I mean, is that a bad price? I know that some of the LGS were selling for that or more and there was a 2 box limit. Anyways, I hope it gets cheaper, and more available.

Top Bottom