• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Well I researched and researched and decided on an izula. Bought it and love it! Now I'm ready to start researching my next knife. Should I go ahead and just get the mini griptilian?perfect size,price, and rave reviews, but design seems a little boring. Any other opinions or options?

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    For example I got the venom green izula because it's different. I like the blades on the zero tolerance knives, tiger stripe.
    I think is the name.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Don't pry with a knife. You will end up disappointed...
    Buy a cool bottle opener/pry bar. ZT makes some really nice knives in 100-200 price point. My favorite is the 0562.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    By pry I'm talking maybe some staples or small trim nails out of drywall as I'm prepping to paint. Nothing major at all.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Budget? Seriously, pocket knives go from $5 to a few thousand and anywhere in-between.

What type of lock do you like (frame, liner, button, ball bearing, axis, etc...)? Personally, I only have frame locks anymore and that's all I buy. I just don't like the other types, but that's personal preference.
    What type of blade do you like? Do you like hollow ground, full flat ground, saber ground, etc...? Do you want a drop point, tanto, clip point, or something else? Do you mind a knife with recurve (sucks to sharpen)? Do you want something with a big belly or something like a wharncliffe? It sounds like regardless, you want something with a stronger tip (rules out something like a spyderco PM, Mil, etc...) if you plan on prying.

I'd recommend fondling as many as you can before buying. Tons of great options out there. Scroll through the Spyderco, Benchmade, Zero Tolerance, and Kershaw catalogs to start with. See what jumps out at you.

In response to the Benchmade grip.....I hate them with a passion. They're really expensive for what you get, and they feel junky (hollow plastic handle). I think you can do much better for your money.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    For a general EDC pocket knife its hard to beat a Benchmade Griptillain IMHO. The Spyderco Endura is also nice and under $100.00.

Or a Spyderco Manix 2 or Paramilitary 2 are also sweet knives at a decent price.

Top Bottom