• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know there is a lot of love for the griptillian, but they feel cheap to me. They remind me of the "3 for $20" knives at the 1500.

They do feel kinda cheap until you start using one. They are actually really tough. Mine has been run over by a SxS once or twice but you'd never know. The scales are barely scratched despite being a plastic feeling material they hold up well enough. And any ordinary cutting task it handles just fine. In the $100.00 range I personally don't think there is a better folding knife.

Personally I don't think I'd ever stop crying if I spent that much on a Strider. A CRK on the other hand and I'd never stop smiling.

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    They do feel kinda cheap until you start using one. They are actually really tough. Mine has been run over by a SxS once or twice but you'd never know. The scales are barely scratched despite being a plastic feeling material they hold up well enough. And any ordinary cutting task it handles just fine. In the $100.00 range I personally don't think there is a better folding knife.

Personally I don't think I'd ever stop crying if I spent that much on a Strider. A CRK on the other hand and I'd never stop smiling.

CRK's don't look special to me though. The striders look and feel more like a hard use knife to me. To each their own, that's why there are many knife makers :)

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I'm just getting started on high quality knives and don't think I would appreciate the finer points of the very high end knives.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    ...until he "pries a small nail out of drywall" and snaps off the tip. Those are the worst suggestions for someone that said they want something that can hold up to minor prying. Not only that, if you snap a Spyderco blade, you're SOL. They do not do blade replacements. Some other companies (benchmade, Kershaw, and ZT) do, and I'd say he should go that route since it sounds like he's going to abuse it.

For a general EDC pocket knife its hard to beat a Benchmade Griptillain IMHO. The Spyderco Endura is also nice and under $100.00.

Or a Spyderco Manix 2 or Paramilitary 2 are also sweet knives at a decent price.

:yesway: Couldn't agree more. They're obviously good knives with an awesome track record. But I'm not paying as much as they are for something that feels like a POS.

I know there is a lot of love for the griptillian, but they feel cheap to me. They remind me of the "3 for $20" knives at the 1500.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well I researched and researched and decided on an izula. Bought it and love it! Now I'm ready to start researching my next knife. Should I go ahead and just get the mini griptilian?perfect size,price, and rave reviews, but design seems a little boring. Any other opinions or options?

My recommendations:

Ultralight: Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight - blue
    C101BL2_M.jpg

Less Light: Spyderco Manix 2
    C101G2_M.jpg

When it's time to look more closely or buy, then
    contact Brad's Knives: PM bradsknives on INGO, call (317) 605-8468, or go to Revolver Tactical - A Tier 1 Gear & Knife Company.

Top Bottom