• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    i always found it interesting that they joined, the EU has been a huge win for Germany as the Euro was great for them and the other countries who's currency was not worth much. The UK has not even participated in the Euro still using the British Pound (which is worth more than the Euro). If the UK could keep its trade relations up it would not be a huge loss for them at all I think, Merkel would be pissed though as the UK is probably the only European country that can compete with Germany any more.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll admit I'm barely conversant on this matter. I knew Britain was going to have this vote soon, etc. But as an American, I bridle at the idea of relinquishing my nation's soverienty to a large, burdensome, overbearing, bureaucracy like the EU has become. I never would have supported entering it in the first place and projecting my American-centric viewpoint onto them, I'd vote to leave and hope they do.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I'm of mixed minds on this. This is one where I could see room for reasonable people to disagree.

This will, though, define whether the EU continues to exist IMHO. In US history, I'd put it akin to abandoning the Articles of Confederation (only on a larger scale, of course). What they have/had isn't really working. So, does the Union disintegrate or redouble efforts to cooperate and work toward a larger union?

Pivotal moment in European relations, but I'm really not sure if there's a right answer.

And, long term, I'm not sure which is really in our interests.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Pivotal moment in European relations, but I'm really not sure if there's a right answer.

And, long term, I'm not sure which is really in our interests.

Agreed.

Britain, France and Germany can go their own way just fine. I could see a future that does not have a single European Union, but had a few regional cooperatives....but I'm not sure that is such a great idea.

Wait and see, I guess.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There are probably only a bare handful of INGO'ers, (other than you and I and T-Lex) who are even aware of this issue. Not on most people's radar and, (if you follow Trumps lead on it) most haven't a clue.

Maybe, I don't know, but we had one for Scotland, might as well have one for Brexit.

I was kinda impressed when I realized how many INGOers read European newspapers (I guess to get the news on this administration one has to).

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    There are probably only a bare handful of INGO'ers, (other than you and I and T-Lex) who are even aware of this issue. Not on most people's radar and, (if you follow Trumps lead on it) most haven't a clue.

You show remarkable patience, permitting the assembled INGO rubes to participate in (and no doubt spoil) yours and T.Lex's little Policy Party. Your restraint and magnanimity are an example to us all.

Keep it up, chap! Your contribution makes a better forum for everyone. :yesway:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dang! Never thought international relations could create such INGObutthurt. :D

Next time I post in the South China Sea thread, I'll try to work in something vaguely elitist and see if anyone notices!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Next time I post in the South China Sea thread, I'll try to work in something vaguely elitist and see if anyone notices!

Just make sure and keep it vague...I'm sure most won't have a clue. ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Agreed.

Britain, France and Germany can go their own way just fine. I could see a future that does not have a single European Union, but had a few regional cooperatives....but I'm not sure that is such a great idea.

Wait and see, I guess.

I'm in the same boat... it seems like a good idea, but many European countries subscribe to the "if we can't handle our responsibilities, someone else will do it for us" ideology.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I was kinda impressed when I realized how many INGOers read European newspapers (I guess to get the news on this administration one has to).
    I came from that side of the pond, so I like to see what is happening that affects family and friends back there.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Seriously? Do you know how much butthurt is caused by telling people not to point guns at themselves or others, or giving a history lesson to the factless?

I did a post in German and it caused butthurt.

This is INGO, everything causes butthurt.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

It's not necessarily international relations. It could be any topic. It's a mrj thing in this case. He's like a bad rash for many Ingoer's.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The hoi polloi of INGO are graced by the wisdom and acknowledgement of Almrjarrell... may peace be upon him.

Top Bottom