• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redgreenrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Decatur county
    What is the goal of self defense? And what is absolutely nessecary to resolve it's need efficiently as possible? In fundemental terms? Try not to get philosophical though. Bacon is of course always valid!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have no blue, green or brown shirt. I am not dripping with qualified immunity.

I train so I do not have to fight. The more they train, the less they shoot.

Give me the sword of no sword.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    ^^what Kirk said. If I can defend myself by running away or just avoiding the situation altogether then I am better off. It may not sound very cool, but that's not the point of self defense. Survival is the purpose, not killing, maiming or anything else that sounds tacticool. Sometimes killing or maiming is involved, but it's not the end goal.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As to the original question, it seems one worth asking.

I've seen more than a few INGOers castigate a person who survives an attack because they did not have the training, attitude or instinct to kill the attacker rather than just survive (stopping not good enough, must kill).

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    As to the original question, it seems one worth asking.

I've seen more than a few INGOers castigate a person who survives an attack because they did not have the training, attitude or instinct to kill the attacker rather than just survive (stopping not good enough, must kill).
    I'm not concerned with INGOers. I'm concerned with the law. And if I can avoid a murder trial and still survive then that is what I will do.

Also, I wouldn't post about a self-defense situation on INGO to begin with.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't so much care about what INGOers would think about a shooting I was involved in. What does concern me is if this is actually the attitude they have when they put their own gun in a holster and head out of the house.

Top Bottom