• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    I am ready to go after some thunder chickens too. The lady is going to come out with me this year if we can get either my parents or hers to watch the kids :D

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Where is turkey hunting good in IN? In IA turkeys are like raccoons, they are EVERYWHERE, in the city, in the country, on the highway. They seem to be less prevalent here.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    I am ready to go after some thunder chickens too. The lady is going to come out with me this year if we can get either my parents or hers to watch the kids :D

It doubles the fun when your lady can hunt with you. My wife waited until the kids were pretty much grown to come along. Looking back, she wishes she would have gotten a baby sitter years earlier. I had a great time calling in her first few birds. Here's a picture of the first turkey my wife called in on here own. Nice bird and I was so proud of her.

CrystalsGobbler.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Nice bird! I wish I could get my wife to go but she wants to spend more time with the grandkid! At least she said she would like for me tobuild her an AR-15. Maybe ther's hope!

bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    I would do a lot of driving around and looking in fields. Check some of the places you already hunt. We will have good luck in certain spots one year and not so much the next. We just start out where we think will be good and if it is not, move on to the next spot. My boot see more miles on them during turkey season than any other.

I have noticed in the last couple of years they have been getting harder to hunt. I think less birds and more pressure.

Where is turkey hunting good in IN? In IA turkeys are like raccoons, they are EVERYWHERE, in the city, in the country, on the highway. They seem to be less prevalent here.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I'm always looking forward to spring turkey season! Right now I'm pumped up fort my Texas hunting trip. Leaving sat for a week of hog and predator hunting in the long horn state, hoping for a mountain lion or a bob cat.

Top Bottom