• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I have heard the bird were gobbling their heads off up until a week or so ago.

I don't live in a area where wild birds are many and there for I can only go by what those folks say that live in those areas.

So is anyone still hearing birds? How often and times of day

Thanks for any info guys

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I'm in Floyd County all the way down south, and I have seen and heard gobblers every single day about 3 weeks ago. I saw the same 2 toms and about 9 hens in this field every morning and night. This past week I haven't seen or heard them once. It's got me worried. I think the early heat brought them out early. Just hoping they are still there when season stars!

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Yep..if any were to be in Martin County (and they don't) ;) they would be (if they existed) gobbling like crazy. Hunting "petered" out Toms is going to interesting!

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I live in Harrison county. I was watching and hearing birds every day up until last week, it just seemed to drop off. I still see them here and there early in the morning. I found a nest on Saturday, I think the hens are coming off the nest early to get a bite to eat then going back to the nest. The toms are lingering out in the fields looking for any hens that have yet to be bred. Some of the fields I was seeing large numbers in the mornings now have just the toms and one or two hens.

Willob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    The turkey activity around Columbus seems to have slowed down in the last week. Could be the cooler weather as it does seem to affect turkeys. Will be an interesting turkey season!

Endofdays

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Got a feeling that it will be a tough year. Lots of vegetation on the ground. The cold snap this week should help a bit.

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    I have been out the last two mornings and heard birds gobbling. Spoke to a couple guys that hunted with youths this morning and they heard birds gobbling even with the cool weather. Just my 2 cents. Good luck guy's and girls

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    We ( myself and my son) heard gobbling both Sat and Sunday, however they shut up as soon as they hit the ground. By 7am ALL gobbling had stopped!! we had a hen get really made at us and was within 30 yds and we never seen her.
    Our setup was perfect, but this vegatation is ALOT thicker than yrs past.
    They can be fooled! patience is the key, my son has the patience of a flea and at 11 yrs old i'd expect nothing less. We don't use blinds or decoys, maybe in this case it would have helped. Stick with'em fellas!! they'll be back!1

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Sat out on the back porch Sat am. Finally heard a bird around 9; but there was only 1.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Two weeks ago I saw 15,in the same small field ------6 were displaying and struting--------Saturday,same area ,no turkeys---none were talking---------saw one single,beside the road,close to Friendship-----I'm sure they "hen'd up early"------------may be a tough hunt this spring

Top Bottom