• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Was in a bar in Chicago last night (first mistake). A concert/show my wife had wanted to attend got rowdy, out of hand and dangerous. It rather abruptly became time to leave and I needed to get her to the door fast. All's well that ends well, I suppose. She's upset, but I'm very glad that I didn't need to escalate past forceful and directed purpose to get us out of there.

I suppose if I had identified the signs a little earlier I could have gotten her out without some people getting knocked around a bit. Next time I won't wait so long to move.

Don't let circumstances overtake you, ladies and gentlemen. Things can unexpectedly go bad, fast.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Illinois
    Chicago, Illinois
    Bar in Chicago, Illinois
    Concert/Show in bar in Chicago, Illinois

Not sure how many warning signs you needed, but I would have stopped after the first 2, and the only reason I allow the first 2 is because I have to work there.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Too vague! Need more details.

Lol. Details suppressed to protect the guilty.

Illinois
    Chicago, Illinois
    Bar in Chicago, Illinois

Not sure how many warning signs you needed, but I would have stopped after the first 2, and the only reason I allow the first 2 is because I have to work there.

You are 100% right. Lesson learned.

What show/bar was it? I play Chicago occasionally and haven't had an issue......yet.

I'll PM you the name. Wasn't the bar/club's fault though. I actually liked the place. Nice beer selection. Just an alcohol or maybe drug fueled altercation in a packed space that started to spread instead of getting rapidly snuffed out like usually happens.

Did you think about peeing your pants?

I really didn't think much at all. I knew where the door was. I knew how to clear a path to get there. I knew getting there fast before a (possible) stampede formed was in our best interests. No peeing :)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. Gee and add alcohol to the mix? I can't think of a valid reason to ever go to the murder capital of the US.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Illinois
    Chicago, Illinois
    Bar in Chicago, Illinois

Same here, working there is bad enough, I'll be damned if I'm going there for fun.

Top Bottom