• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Nice to see them get behind this. Hopefully we will see IPL and other places downtown and throughout the city get behind it.

10451727_626450580804209_212129020382239322_n.jpg

I have emailed IPL and haven't gotten a response

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    What would be neat would be if this caught wind with a bulb manufacturer, and led to something that some proceed went into a fund to help with a support network or the like for families of fallen officers, etc. Maybe Im thinking too big, but for now, my bulb is in..

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had to improvise with some blue paint on a decorative flourescent globe, but I'm switched out too. (got a bunch left over from the IPL energy nazis that my wife let come in and switch out our bulbs. :xmad: They didnt last long.)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What would be neat would be if this caught wind with a bulb manufacturer, and led to something that some proceed went into a fund to help with a support network or the like for families of fallen officers, etc. Maybe Im thinking too big, but for now, my bulb is in..

The only problem is last year or maybe the year before blue bulbs were "chosen" to represent support for autism. I distinctly remember seeing a "support autism research" display of blue CFLs at Home Depot.

Home | Light It Up Blue | Autism Speaks

So we are kinda late to the game and "stealing" an already established color campaign.

Yours was still an awesome idea.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    13 news has changed their on screen logo to blue. Looks like they have their own blue thing going.

Take the Blue Pledge - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Interesting pledge:

I PLEDGE TO:
    - Take a Stand. Make the call. If I see suspicious activity, call 9-1-1.
    - Call Crime Stoppers at 262-TIPS, if I see non-emergency gang or drug activity

Reminds me of the "See something, say something" slogan from the DHS a few years ago. There is a difference in being vigilant to what is going on around you and calling 911 everything something doesn't "seem right."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Interesting pledge:

I PLEDGE TO:
    - Take a Stand. Make the call. If I see suspicious activity, call 9-1-1.
    - Call Crime Stoppers at 262-TIPS, if I see non-emergency gang or drug activity

Reminds me of the "See something, say something" slogan from the DHS a few years ago. There is a difference in being vigilant to what is going on around you and calling 911 everything something doesn't "seem right."

:n00b:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Tried to install my blue bulb before dark tonight. All the screws are rusted tight. PB-Blaster and a good soak. Try again in a while.....:(

I picked up my blue bulb tonight. It turned out to be a little larger job than expected. I took apart the fixture and painted it a pewter instead of the dated brass. I painted the pole black and installed the light.

I have a before and after dark picture.

I live in Elkhart and hope to have everyone on my block to go blue.

I got my blue bulb at Lowes in Elkhart and they had several left on the shelf.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Mars Hill is demonstating, was not the first and hopefully not the last....Don't know if one can buy light bulb's with food stamps????

IMPD does help around here and we appreciate you guys.

Sincerly, Thank you.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Turned all 3 lights on the front of my house Blue...ish. Its a lighter shade of blue for now, But clearly this group is picking up, I checked Noblesville Miejer, walmart, Lowes, AND Ace before finding something that would work. Lowes was sold out of blue completly and it was the only color missing. Hopefully this keeps going!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Just had a Plainfield officer roll past the house and give a quick blip of the reds and blues. Didn't seem to be in a hurry and no other traffic on the street. May have been a little shout out to our blue porch light, though I can't know for sure.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How long before this morphs into an anti-gun thing?
    While it is possible, without us pushing the agenda, the news will have a hard time getting traction. The Chief has made it clear what this is about and it's not about a rifle or a pistol. Now we are focusing on "illegal" guns and by that he means guns in the hands of those who should not have them. Law abiding gun owners carry on. I see nothing wrong with that.

Top Bottom