• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I see this getting some real legs. It all started right here with you and Indy John.
    Good job.
    it gets a bit dusty when I think of how this all started and how HUGE it has become. Then I think to myself "I know that girl who started this"
    GREAT JOB OkieGirl!!!!!!

Thank you both for remembering Ofc.Westerfield. That's up towards my neck of the woods in NWI.

no thanks needed. Have many friends in law enforcement and family in law enforcement, a loss hits home for me, be it in Gary or Indy. They all deserve the recognition and respect

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

This whole blue light idea was intended to show support for all officers - my brother wears the uniform in another state and he has said that Indy's movement made it all the way there. I've heard from Officers in many different jurisdictions and they see the blue lights in their areas and have sent me photos of the lights on their own homes. This isn't just an Indy thing or even just an Indiana thing...Our men and women in law enforcement need to hear that we support them. The original post on the public facebook page, started Monday at 7:00pm, has had 526 shares...that means it goes out to a much broader audience. The total reached to date on just that first post shows 37,024 people...

Thanks for the nudge INGO.
    Sometimes all it takes is a simple gesture. As we laid back folks like to say: "You Done Good" OkieGirl. :yesway:

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Sometimes all it takes is a simple gesture. As we laid back folks like to say: "You Done Good" OkieGirl. :yesway:

Thank you. {man, it's really dusty in here}

I'm trying to put together a list of items that the new recruits won't be issued but our veteran officers would say they need. Can any of our resident INGO LEO's offer up some ideas on this? What did you add to your gear when you were getting started that you think would be important for these guys/gals to have?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I'm trying to put together a list of items that the new recruits won't be issued but our veteran officers would say they need. Can any of our resident INGO LEO's offer up some ideas on this? What did you add to your gear when you were getting started that you think would be important for these guys/gals to have?

If you are getting some packages together for them I am in for a "C" note to help or will donate if I have something.

We have to get fully behind the city and get this mess cleaned up. They are still shooting each other in the streets. There is no fear.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012

I work for a neighboring agency to impd so i cant speak for them specifically, but something cops never have enough of are good pens and small pads pf paper (pocket size) to take notes with.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There are at least 2 LEOs in my neighborhood. Neither is sporting a blue light. However, the neighbor of one of my rentals is. And he's across the street and 3 houses down from one of the LEOs. :-/

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yeah, the copter must really have kicked up a lot of dust.

That black caisson and riderless horse get me every time
    They hit me hard at Rod's funeral and seeing them again just gives a feeling that is indescribable at best.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

My good friend is gonna most likely be in the next class. I told him this week I'm setting him up with a set of armor.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, the copter must really have kicked up a lot of dust.

That black caisson and riderless horse get me every time
    They hit me hard at Rod's funeral and seeing them again just gives a feeling that is indescribable at best.

Words elude me. Eyes are wet. Heart is heavy.

Top Bottom