• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Down here in the SW'ern part of the state, I shoot occasionally at Sugar Ridge. It is a state wildlife area.

There are no posted rules regarding how fast you can shoot. No range officers either. Just 25, 50, 100 and 150 yard ranges.

And, lots of holes in the ceilings of the shelters. Hmmm...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sugar ridge? wheres that at? I was 15 when I moved from there so I didn't get aquainted with many shooting ranges... more aquainted with the Walbash river, Haubstaut Speedway, and Chandler's Drag Strip...

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Sugar ridge? wheres that at? I was 15 when I moved from there so I didn't get aquainted with many shooting ranges... more aquainted with the Walbash river, Haubstaut Speedway, and Chandler's Drag Strip...

It's near Oakland City. I believe there's also fishing and hunting there as well. No camping, though.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    There's a really nice Boy Scout camp near Petersburg called Old Ben Scout Reservation. They have a decent shooting range where I learned to shoot as a boy. There's no hunting but there is fishing and camping and boating and shooting and drinking... ok forget that last one...

I didn't think there was ANYTHING in Oakland City besides my Ex... At least there's something interesting there! LOL J/K

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have 2 rifles I need to sight in. So I'm itching to shoot some, should be able to get away from work

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Nick may go too. Depends on his cheduel too. I hope we can go. But if you know somewhere cheaper and closer or know of some land....

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Well if only 4 ppl go I can't get us into riley which I like better than atterbury. No cost to guest :) but I can only bring 3 max

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well if only 4 ppl go I can't get us into riley which I like better than atterbury. No cost to guest :) but I can only bring 3 max

There may only be You Nick and me so we might just do that! Unless others can go that is... Where is Riley?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Terra Haute, straight down 70 about the same drive as Atterbury if not easier.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Terra Haute, straight down 70 about the same drive as Atterbury if not easier.

I can do that! I love driving the interstates... And since we all live fairly close we can meet up here at my house and go from here. We'll see what happens between now and next week.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I think it's the mini van, totally uncool man, :D

It's all about how much smelly, moldy kayak gear I can get inside an all wheel drive minivan and still sleep in it! :rockwoot: (Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot, Spring 2007.)

kc14.jpg

If I want cool, I ride this. :D

IMG00054.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Is that a honda or a nissan van? Mine's a Ponti-trash-port. NEVER buy a pontiac. the 95 Grand Prix GTP, you have to literally remove the front right suspension to change the starter, and in my van, you must remove a crossmember just to change the battery. I'm going to have to fix the power steering pump soon and I'm afraid to even try...

At least my truck is easy to work on. It's for sell or trade btw...

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Toyota Previa: Introduced in 1991, the Previa was an excellent, long-lasting minivan. The only problem - it was designed for Japanese market with only a four-cylinder engine available. In 1998 the Previa was discontinued and replaced by the Sienna in North America, although it's still sold in Europe. :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd like to find an AWD Astro to trade our van for. That would be awesome. I guess I can't stand foreign cars. Too hard to work on. Not that our newer cars are any easier... But vehicles like my 85 Chevy is a breeze to work on. I can change the head/oil pan gaskets with motor still in it!!! try that with these newer cars....

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'd like to find an AWD Astro to trade our van for. That would be awesome. I guess I can't stand foreign cars. Too hard to work on. Not that our newer cars are any easier... But vehicles like my 85 Chevy is a breeze to work on. I can change the head/oil pan gaskets with motor still in it!!! try that with these newer cars....

Can do that with my Del Sol..... I can also stand with my feet on the ground, in the engine bay without removing the motor. Although if it's been running the header Might remove meat from bone on my legs.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Can do that with my Del Sol..... I can also stand with my feet on the ground, in the engine bay without removing the motor. Although if it's been running the header Might remove meat from bone on my legs.

:lol2:

Last edited:

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Good ole Atterbury. Spent 6 months there in '53. Not the most enjoyable time of my life but I got to play with some cool firepower.:patriot:

Top Bottom