• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Ok heres what Im looking for. Mainly a range gun, occasional carry, 40s&w or 45 acp, full size, hammer fired preferably, stainless, around $500. Ive narrowed it down to:
    RIA 1911
    ATI 1911
    FNP 40 or 45
    CZ 75b
    There are others Im sure Ive forgotten through my searches. I do like some of the S&W 4006 types that are hammerless but I have 2 hammerless (glock 19 and S&W M&P 40c) I think I want something a little more....sophisticated. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    If you go 1911. save up and dig a little deeper, get a colt, or springfeild entry level gun and build. I would look for an fnx if going .40 (better rail/controls) the fnp=45 is on my radar, but either as a tactical or competiton.

on your list the cz- then post lots of pics ;-)

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Technically I have a 1911 but it is not a shooter. It was built in 1918. I will make up my own mind, gotta see how they feel first! just was looking to see if I missed anything. Just thought of a sig 226 or 229. Used of course as new are out of my price range. If I come across a better 1911 in my $ range I would pick it up.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    If you go 1911. save up and dig a little deeper, get a colt, or springfeild entry level gun and build. I would look for an fnx if going .40 (better rail/controls) the fnp=45 is on my radar, but either as a tactical or competiton.

on your list the cz- then post lots of pics ;-)

I like the FNP better. I could care less if it has a rail or not and Im not sure if I like the ambi controls as the safety rubs on my trigger finger knuckle just holding it. Im seriously considering the cz because the baby eagle and the eaa witness are modeled after it and I like both of those. Just never had one in my hand.

Top Bottom