• ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Hey all,

First I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Second if you haven't heard we are moving to Peru either late 2011 or early 2012. We will be just south of Lima were it gets no colder than 54 and usually no hotter than 90...YEA ME!

Third and the reason for this post. We are heading through NM next week and from what I can see from Open Carry, Concealed Carry and Handgun Law is that while NM does not honor IN permits I can carry in my car, I cannot carry it concealed outside of my car and tribal lands have a huge ? mark surrounding what is legal. (I think I can carry there but I am unsure)

If anyone has more info I would appreciate it.

I haven't been on much recently but our travel season is on again until we leave, so I will be more sporadic. i start language training this month I am going to be using Rosetta Stone until we head to Mexico or Guatemala this summer.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    You can keep it loaded in your car. NM is an open carry state, you don't need a permit to open carry. You do need a permit to conceal it so keep it open.

Last edited:

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Just curious about this...how does gun ownership work in Peru? Are citizens allowed to own or carry firearms of any kind? Google seems to be giving me vague answers.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Just curious about this...how does gun ownership work in Peru? Are citizens allowed to own or carry firearms of any kind? Google seems to be giving me vague answers.

I have some very good friends who are leaving in the next two months to be Missionaries to Peru. I talked with him a little about this subject, and he said that there are very few handguns. (unsure of the legalities of carrying one) Some families will have shotguns or rifles, but it is extremely difficult to find ammo.

Bondhead - hope everything goes well for you as you prepare. If you are still looking for churches to present your ministry to, let me know. Oh, and have fun down there with the guinea pigs. They treat them as a delicacy. :n00b:

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I have some very good friends who are leaving in the next two months to be Missionaries to Peru. I talked with him a little about this subject, and he said that there are very few handguns. (unsure of the legalities of carrying one) Some families will have shotguns or rifles, but it is extremely difficult to find ammo.

Bondhead - hope everything goes well for you as you prepare. If you are still looking for churches to present your ministry to, let me know. Oh, and have fun down there with the guinea pigs. They treat them as a delicacy. :n00b:
    We have a Taem of 10 families going down and yes I am still booking meetings. So if you know any churches let me know.

The guinea Pigs don't bother me, they put lots of hot sauce on thme. i have eaten duck fetus (balout), horse, seal flipper, 100 year egg, parts on a pig meant for reproduction and a host of other things that would make most people vomit. My family is the same way, so we are alright on the food.

My daughter is a little freaked out at the Giant Bird Spiders though.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    We have a Taem of 10 families going down and yes I am still booking meetings. So if you know any churches let me know.

The guinea Pigs don't bother me, they put lots of hot sauce on thme. i have eaten duck fetus (balout), horse, seal flipper, 100 year egg, parts on a pig meant for reproduction and a host of other things that would make most people vomit. My family is the same way, so we are alright on the food.

My daughter is a little freaked out at the Giant Bird Spiders though.

Top Bottom