• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :rockwoot:

There are no trick questions, just answer each of them honestly. I've heard that the Carmel sheriff likes to personally interview each applicant, but by law he can't deny you based on the conversation.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    :rockwoot:

There are no trick questions, just answer each of them honestly. I've heard that the Carmel sheriff likes to personally interview each applicant, but by law he can't deny you based on the conversation.

Carmel has a sheriff?? Oh you must mean Carmel County :):. When I did mine in Noblesville there were no trick questions. I did have to have my employer's address and go get my check and money order.

~Poe

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    no tricks, and my family members haven't been interviewed up there. Just sit down with the form, fill out, pay money, walk out. just be honest with your answers if you do get interviewed, and just say its for personal protection, nothing extreme, common sense stuff and youll be fine. if your honest answers are wacky and off the wall, then the interview did its job and youll get denied ;)

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    Thanks for your replies. I did meet with Carmel City Police Chief. Questions were mainly have you any firearm experience or plan to get training and do you seem responsible. He did not ask what purpose was or if I even planned to carry. His attitude was helpful in getting me started the right safe way.

The clerk did comment that they get many applicants who stop the application process when asked to give fingerprints.

Thanks for your comments.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    Thanks for your replies. I did meet with Carmel City Police Chief. Questions were mainly have you any firearm experience or plan to get training and do you seem responsible. He did not ask what purpose was or if I even planned to carry. His attitude was helpful in getting me started the right safe way.

The clerk did comment that they get many applicants who stop the application process when asked to give fingerprints.

Thanks for your comments.

I wonder who those people were, and if that's true. I know that many of us don't like the idea, but I don't know anyone that would refuse the permit as a result....interesting....

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    The question that got me was "If you were shopping at Lafayette Square, which would be best, a single stack .45 or a double stack 9mm?" Thank God it was graded on a curve LOL.

red04gto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Northside
    My only advice would be to move out of carmel if you want to get a permit. They do like to interview/ harass you on why you feel the need to carry... because I can.

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    To Red04GTO,

Carmel Police did not even ask why I wanted to carry. It was a very short interview.

Perhaps I should change my id to Red64GTO.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I applied yesterday in Monticello the only questions I was asked was if I had the money orders, the officer asked if I had ever been fingerprinted (if I knew the procedure or did he have to explain it to me was the reason behind it) and if my daughter could have some candy :) Oh and if I had any convictions because the dispatcher filled out most of the paperwork for me while I was getting printed.

Top Bottom