Going to be an interesting day at the range tomorrow.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Very cool of you to introduce him to shooting! Stay safe and have a great time!

At 18 I am sure he will do fine with the .22
    Often times if I have a complete newbie with me that has zero experience I will usually fire a couple shots first just so they know what to expect as far as sound, recoil, etc...
    He will be having a blast with the SKS in no time :D

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Very cool of you to introduce him to shooting! Stay safe and have a great time!

At 18 I am sure he will do fine with the .22
    Often times if I have a complete newbie with me that has zero experience I will usually fire a couple shots first just so they know what to expect as far as sound, recoil, etc...
    He will be having a blast with the SKS in no time :D

Too bad my buddy didn't do that for me. He handed me the .45 and told me "have fun" ... well ... after discussing safety with me.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Then he took it back when I got a Glock 19, which was my first 9mm I fired at 17. :D

He was right to take it back when you give up a beauty in favor of a Glock :)

Our houseguest (20yo german) fired the Mosin, AK, .22, .380, and 9mm without issue (though Mosin was only one shot). Remind him of that if the SKS is too much...

I think young people in general enjoy firing guns, if you can make it a family experience, all the better!

Top Bottom