• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    So, is this just for collecting purposes or due to recoil sensitivity or inability to rack a slide?

Cool little guns, to be sure, but otherwise I don't see the Beretta Bobcat 22/25 as terribly relevant anymore (for defensive purposes) when you can buy something in .32 or .380 these days of similar size and weight.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So, is this just for collecting purposes or due to recoil sensitivity or inability to rack a slide?

Cool little guns, to be sure, but otherwise I don't see the Beretta Bobcat 22/25 as terribly relevant anymore (for defensive purposes) when you can buy something in .32 or .380 these days of similar size and weight.

1. Good point. My 1990 Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380 seems like a 9mm in size compared to the 380s today.
    2. The 21 is for range use (cost of shells); the 25 is for back-up until I get a 32, then I won't need the 25.
    3. I do love the tilt-up barrels and have since I owned a Beretta 25 in the late 80s. :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well, I finally caught up with Bill/Townmarshall Thurs. evening, and we met for me to pay him for the Beretta .25, which I tried to do when he paid me for my Smith 64-8.
    (He had brought it with him when he came to buy my Smith 64-7 b/c I mentioned my interest in one).
    I tried to pay him on the spot with his own money, but he wanted me to take it, shoot it and make sure it suit me.
    What a guy! Such a compliment to be trusted like that. :delivery:
    I asked him if he just happened to have a tilt-up barrel 32, but no. :laugh:

He also gave me some ammo, not just some 25, but some regular 22 he didn't need anymore.
    I can't remember how many boxes of ammo but I estimate 2.5 boxes of .25 worth $40ish and about 2-3 boxes of .22 worth $20ish = $60ish total.
    So, that puts my $225 Beretta really costing me $165ish, which sounds so much better. :rockwoot:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    . . . He also gave me some ammo, not just some 25, but some regular 22 he didn't need anymore.
    I can't remember how many boxes of ammo but I estimate 2.5 boxes of .25 worth $40ish and about 2-3 boxes of .22 worth $20ish = $60ish total.
    So, that puts my $225 Beretta really costing me $165ish, which sounds so much better....

Which illustrates a principle: If a person shoots much at all, the cost of ammo will far exceed the cost of the firearm over it's lifetime.

(Not to mention the cost of accessories; magazines, speed loaders, cases, holsters, cleaning supplies, etc.)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Which illustrates a principle: If a person shoots much at all, the cost of ammo will far exceed the cost of the firearm over it's lifetime.

(Not to mention the cost of accessories; magazines, speed loaders, cases, holsters, cleaning supplies, etc.)

1. So true. I had to laugh when my wife was concerned about me buying so many guns (before I showed her how easy it was to sell), but she finally figured out: $35/mo. range membership, and 1000 round boxes of ammo and then there is pocket and ankle holsters. Then there was the $100 repair to my Sig Sauer 1911-22 b/c someone had put the wrong fitting parts in and damage was being done that had to be fixed and new parts that fit needed: :wallbash:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Me getting a Beretta 32 might have to wait until buying the house is done, along with new appliances and updating furniture.
    I'll be lucky if I don't have to sell my Shield 45 before I'm done playing with it.
    If the expenses rise too fast I'll have to sell my 38 Smith 64-8, which would break my heart.
    I could always sell my Sig 1911-22 and buy another or even the Colt/Walther 1911-22 if I had to.

Top Bottom