• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Can't go wrong either way. Both are great phones.

I asked Santa for an iPhone 5 to replace my current iPhone. I use iPhone mainly because I've had one so long and it communicates and transfers data back and forth so effortlessly to my 2 iMacs and iPad.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm looking for some info and comments thanks.:patriot:

I worked for ATT and got a Windows 7 phone about 3 years ago, when they first came out. Big mistake - I hated Windows 7.

About 3 months ago I dumped a cup of coffee on it (subconscious intentional accident?) and replaced it with the Samsung Galaxy S III. I don't need the S III for the phone-touch transfer capability, but I am really happy with all the features and the ability to customize every aspect of the phone's display and operation. Applications are available and work well. The operating system is blazing fast and I haven't encountered any glitches or quirks. The phone profile is so thin that I was concerned about carrying it in a pocket. I got the Otterbox Defender case and now the phone seems to be bulletproof. I did find that with all the features enabled (GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth etc.) I have to charge the phone every evening, but that is a small price to pay for all those features. There are different battery saving modes that can be enabled if you want to prolong the battery charge.

The thing I like best is using Google Calendar for all my appointments and reminders. I do all my scheduling and entry on my PC and it updates my phone and IPad as well. The phone gets reminder notifications and displays them even if the screen is disabled or in sleep mode.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    depends on how technical you are really.
    Apple makes products that are user-friendly and easy to use.
    Android products are more in-depth, and customizable, but its wasted if you're not technologically apt. I am as such, and I greatly enjoy all my android devices; I'll never use another Apple product - for me, they're not anywhere near as intuitive as Android OS.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    Other options you may wish to consider (for AT&T) are the HTC One X and (One X+) as well as the Samsung Galaxy Rugby. The Samsung Galaxy S III is nice because of the removable battery and microSD card. The HTC One X has a slightly better screen IMO and I prefer the HTC interface, while the HTC One X+ is probably overkill for you. The iPhone 5 is a fantastic piece of hardware, but I just can't get over iOS and can't stand iTunes.

If you like being able to customize at all, Android based phones are definitely the way to go. Spend some time playing with them a bit and remember that the interface will be a little different between manufacturers of Android phones.

96ramair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Delphi
    I have the S3 and love it. If you want a bigger phone go with the Note 2 wife just got it and it is a great phone also

jdfast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    SW Indy
    It all depends on you. iPhones are easy to do anything with on the surface, but that's all they do. If you want more control of your phone and the way things look and feel then explore android. I've had an iPhone 3 and 4 and felt they were getting lazy with the design and functions after the 4s. I've had 2 Samsung phones now, the S2 skyrocket and the note. There isn't another phone on the market i would trade my Note for unless it was for a note2. Both of my parents rock S3's and they love them.

What i love the most about android is the lack of itunes. What a horrible program. If i want to add music or media to my phone its as easy as drag and drop.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I have an Galaxy SIII and will be switching to an iphone 5 at the first of the year. I S3 is a great phone, I just cannot get used to using Android of IOS. That may in part be due to me still using an ipad regularly. I have had the original moto droid, the Droid X and the iphone 4.

What I generally tell people is that
    if you want a phone more like a computer get an android phone.
    If you want a phone that is more like an appliance get an iphone

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    If you want a phone more like a computer get an android phone.
    If you want a phone that is more like an appliance get an iphone

That's it, in a nutshell. Personally, you couldn't give me an iPhone for my personal use. I've got an iPhone 4 issued to me for work, and it doesn't hold a candle to the capability of my Galaxy S3. While having a much bigger screen than the iPhone, the S3 is lighter and sleeker. Fits in a pocket or belt case just fine. The Android OS is much more intuitive to me, but if you have other Apple products, I can see where you might want an iPhone.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's it, in a nutshell. Personally, you couldn't give me an iPhone for my personal use. I've got an iPhone 4 issued to me for work, and it doesn't hold a candle to the capability of my Galaxy S3. While having a much bigger screen than the iPhone, the S3 is lighter and sleeker. Fits in a pocket or belt case just fine. The Android OS is much more intuitive to me, but if you have other Apple products, I can see where you might want an iPhone.

Pretty sure its not lighter than the iphone 5. Either way the s3 is too big. I love my 5. First apple phone after two palms and two androids. My evo4g sucked and my wives razr sucks too. Both were littered with issues and both have been replaced at least once for various issues, my evo was replaced four time only one of which was user caused.

I would not go back at this point. Your mileage may vary. I want a phone tha works, that has tons of apps, and that everone makes compatable accessories for.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    The wife and I have the S3, we are happy. The kid has the iPhone, he likes ours. We have no problems or complaints. The size will take only a few days to adjust to (if you are using a smaller phone now) but even with Otterboxes they are managable.
    The S3 has the newest Android OS (Jellybean), s-voice (google now) which is like Apple's siri and has NFC as well.

galaxy S3 ... you won't regret it.

Top Bottom