• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    ~

Not sure you can even go THROUGH chicago with it based on this...

From IL SPD
    Firearm Owner's Frequently Asked Questions
    How do I transport a firearm through an Illinois community with an ordinance that prohibits firearms or handguns?
    Illinois' Unlawful Use of Weapons law does not preempt local ordinances from banning firearms. Persons carrying or transporting firearms through such communities could be subject to local firearm ordinances. It is recommended that you contact local authorities regarding their firearm ordinances.

According to the new Chicago handgun ordinance, you may travel through the city, while engaged in interstate commerce (FOPA). They even put the limit at 24 hours, so an overnight stay would conceivably be legal.

Here's the text of that section:

8-20-090 Interstate Transport of Firearms
    It shall not be a violation of this chapter if a person transporting a firearm or ammunition while engaged in interstate travel is in compliance with 18 U.S.C.A 926A. There shall be a rebuttable presumption that any person within the city for more than 24 hours is not engaged in interstate travel, and is subject to the provisions of this chapter.

That said, I wouldn't want to be the test case.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    According to the new Chicago handgun ordinance, you may travel through the city, while engaged in interstate commerce (FOPA). They even put the limit at 24 hours, so an overnight stay would conceivably be legal.

Here's the text of that section:

8-20-090 Interstate Transport of Firearms
    It shall not be a violation of this chapter if a person transporting a firearm or ammunition while engaged in interstate travel is in compliance with 18 U.S.C.A 926A. There shall be a rebuttable presumption that any person within the city for more than 24 hours is not engaged in interstate travel, and is subject to the provisions of this chapter.

That said, I wouldn't want to be the test case.

Sure sure if you believe that I have a small bridge I want to sell you.
    On a related thread read this
    Naming names: 2nd update on the gun confiscation incident in TN Restore The Constitution

and
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...oper_steals_guns_during_stop.html#post1327057

While it (passing thru Chicago with gun) is LEGAL (due to fed. law) and you and I know it is LEGAL bet you are still going to end up like that guy who got stopped in TN. His stuff got taken and it's going to take a legal battle for him to get his stuff back that was stolen in the first place. :rolleyes:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Sure sure if you believe that I have a small bridge I want to sell you.
    On a related thread read this
    Naming names: 2nd update on the gun confiscation incident in TN Restore The Constitution

and
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...oper_steals_guns_during_stop.html#post1327057

While it (passing thru Chicago with gun) is LEGAL (due to fed. law) and you and I know it is LEGAL bet you are still going to end up like that guy who got stopped in TN. His stuff got taken and it's going to take a legal battle for him to get his stuff back that was stolen in the first place. :rolleyes:

Well, for giggles let's say I AM the test case. If they want to confiscate my firearms in violation of FEDERAL law, be my guest. When the dust clears from my lawsuit, the city of Chicago will be paying my bills for the next 30 years. :twocents:

Top Bottom