• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Going down to FL here in a month or so. Going through KY, TN, GA and into FL. I have looked it up and see that all the stats honor the IN permit. Are than any stat specific rules to CC for any of the listed states?

XSVskill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Decatur, IN
    separator.gif
    If you have a smart phone there is an app called "Legal Heat" that gives you carry laws by state.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    separator.gif
    If you have a smart phone there is an app called "Legal Heat" that gives you carry laws by state.

There is also one called CCW for the iphone. Works pretty well. It has 4.5 out of 5 stars rating. It is only $0.99. I tried to get you the link but every time I tried it took me to the App Store. Sorry

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    In KY you cannot be in a place that serves Alcohol. ]

You can be in a place that serves alcohol, just not in a business, or a portion of the business, where alcohol is the primary thing being sold. So if you go to Applebee's, for example, you can sit in the restaurant section but not the bar section.

"Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic
    beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the
    establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose;"

and

"This section shall not apply to a bona fide restaurant open to the general public
    having dining facilities for not less than fifty (50) persons and which receives less
    than fifty percent (50%) of its annual food and beverage income from the dining
    facilities by the sale of alcohol."

http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/237-00/110.PDF

Kaardomos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Milltown, Indiana
    In Florida, you can't print and it must remain concealed.

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—(1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense. (2) A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense: (a) A self-defense chemical spray. (b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes. (3) Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. History.—s. 1, ch. 87-537; s. 173, ch. 91-224; s. 3, ch. 97-72; s. 1205, ch. 97-102; s. 3, ch. 2006-298; s. 1, ch. 2011-145.

790.053 - - 2012 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Also, none of those states between here and FL are "must inform" states' so if you get pulled over, you can keep it to yourself. Just don't take 74 to Cinci and down. You may only be in OH for a short time, but they aren't carry friendly.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    You can also apply for a non-resident permit for Florida, and you will pick up Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, and some others.

Florida is $ 117.50 or you can get a Utah permit for $51.00 + Class. But on renewal, Florida is still $117.50 and Utah is $15.00 oh and that get's you more States than Florida.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    In KY you cannot be in a place that serves Alcohol. TN you can be in a place thats serves but you cannot consume. Don't know about the others but there is a web sight called USA CARRY here is the link....check it out.

Concealed Carry Permit Information By State

Another good site is Handgunlaw.us Handgunlaw.us
    you can build your own map of where your permit(s) are valid and download
    a pdf of the gun laws for each state.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Florida is $ 117.50 or you can get a Utah permit for $51.00 + Class. But on renewal, Florida is still $117.50 and Utah is $15.00 oh and that get's you more States than Florida.

But if you need New Mexico, you gotta get the Florida. I got both!!

Also if the OP is going down to Fl next month, he won't have time. They are running about 8 to 12 weeks.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    Also, none of those states between here and FL are "must inform" states' so if you get pulled over, you can keep it to yourself. Just don't take 74 to Cinci and down. You may only be in OH for a short time, but they aren't carry friendly.

I'm going to FL this summer, and am taking 74 to Cinci then picking up 75 all the way down - that's the best route for me, based on where I live. My thought was to keep the weapon and ammo separate and in the trunk until I cleared Ohio, and then once I got into Kentucky stop at a rest stop and discreetly move what I needed up front.
    Even if I would happen to get pulled over in Ohio, I'd be good since everything was in the back, unloaded and separate, right?

lvh7153

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I plan on carrying from Indiana to Mississippi next month. Through KY and TN. I know my IN is good in Mississippi but don't know if there are any restrictions.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I'm going to FL this summer, and am taking 74 to Cinci then picking up 75 all the way down - that's the best route for me, based on where I live. My thought was to keep the weapon and ammo separate and in the trunk until I cleared Ohio, and then once I got into Kentucky stop at a rest stop and discreetly move what I needed up front.
    Even if I would happen to get pulled over in Ohio, I'd be good since everything was in the back, unloaded and separate, right?

There is one option for you that lets you avoid ohio all together and won't require special preparations. Take 74 east, then exit at the St Leon (IN State Route 1) exit and head south approx 15 miles to Lawrenceburg. Then get on I-275 toward Kentucky and you are good to go. No need to hit Ohio. Plus this short cut is approx 10 minutes shorter. Unless you get behind a semi that is.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Not Really. Just looked it up on handgunlaw.us (keep in mind this stuff changes)

Both Florida and Utah adds Ohio, West Virginia, Nebraska, Washington & Delaware

Florida adds: New Mexico & Kansas

Utah adds: Minnesota

Arizonia adds: Nevada (if you are interested)

So, it really boils down to where you are wanting to go. Florida is more expensive but does not require a special class. Personally I opted for both the FL and UT.

If they pass the reciprocity license in Indiana we might not need any of these. Even so I for $15 to renew I would likely keep the Utah.

Top Bottom