• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I bought a 50 inch tv from LG last year in September and it already needs its second repair. First it was repaired under store warranty a couple months after purchasing. Now we are going to have to go through the "premium service plan" to get it repaired because it has a two inch line of a distortion through the screen. I want to make a complaint because the PSP is something I wouldn't purchase again. The customer service is HORRIBLE. One hour wait times just to talk to someone. The representatives are rude. Once I did get one on the phone they said they would arrive 8-12am on friday then called back an hour later confirming they would arrive 12-5pm on thursday. I advised them friday 8-12am was the agreed time and they said well we will try but I can't guarantee it? Now thats crappy customer service. Im just ticked they sell this plan as if its a great service and worth every penny when you have to fight to get your tv repaired. The tv is just over a year old!!! Not that anyone would care at HHgregg I really doubt that anyone will even make an attempt at resolving the issue other than blaming it on me. Who should I complain to? The BBB? I just think other consumers should know about this crap because these types of companies should be put out of business.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    You can complain to Angie's List as that might do something. I had the same sort of complaint with our 53" tv we bought from HHGregg 8 years ago. Our audio went bad on one input and they actually thought it was a reasonable request to take the entire logic board from the tv for "6-8 weeks" to repair it by hand since they didn't have one in stock anymore. I told them to stuff it and just re-arranged my devices. Being without our main tv for up to 2 months was not acceptable.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The reason it's so hard to get good service from the various "service plans" that are offered by many establishments is because they do not have a mechanism in place to actually provide service.

The sole purpose of these "plans" is to take more money out of your pocket and put it in their pockets. Arguably, modern electronics are pretty reliable so it's typically easy money for them. When they have somebody actually file a claim it mucks up the works and they have to scramble to actually provide the service you paid for and they hoped they were never have to do!

I have purchased "service plans" in the past and in both cases the plan was an insurance policy provided by a third party. Well guess what mr consumer, they have filed bankruptcy and there's nothing we can do for you, have a nice day and remember us the next time you are in the market for an xyz!

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    3 years ago I purchased a 56" Samsung DLP HD from HH Gregg and I purchased the 5 year plan along with it. We had some issues with the pickup so I got the $399 plan knocked down toe $179. Since then we have had the bulb replaced once, which is $150 without labor. We are now having little white dots appearing on the screen. I contact the provider and they will be coming out next week to replace a chip which is $300 without labor. So far I have received good customer service from the service plan provider even though I am not a fan of HH Gregg.

With that being said, I usually do not buy extended service plans. The guy that replaced the bulb was from a local electronics repair shop and I was asking him about extended service contract. He said that he does not recommend purchasing a service plan for electronic except for TVs. He said that if you are planning on purchasing a new name brand TV that you want to keep for awhile you should get a plan. He said that there's a lot of stuff that goes out on them over time and that they are expensive to fix. He also said to stay away from store brands even though some of the store brands are made by big manufactures. He said that replacement parts are not made for store brand TVs.

Good Luck!

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The only psp I would have ever have purchased was on headphones from guitar center. I bought a set of klipsch custom 2 for 89 when they reatil for 299. I usually go thru 2 pairs a year those lasted me 1 year and went out from cord split so I got my 89 back to use on a set of se315 that I got them to pricematch. So in my case they lost money on me. Also as long as the earbud stays good on the se315 I can buy replacement cords as they breakaway.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Back in 2006 my mom dropped about $3000 for a whole new set up. I wrestled with Circuit city and got them to throw in the 4 year service plan free. Turned out that was a good move on my part as the tv did end up having problems after the manufacturers warranty was out. Two service trips and it was fixed and the problem has never happened again. The tv is still going strong.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    thanks guys I appreciate it. Glad to hear Im not the only one out there. Hopefully we can get it fixed and done with it and not have a malfunctioning tv for a long time.

Top Bottom