• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevy07_man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Haubstadt
    Well going to st louis for the weekend and maybe stoping at bass pro shop. Can Indiana residents buy guns or ammo in missouri? Just wondering if anyone has or not. I might if they have any deals. thanks:ingo:

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    cabellas is in st louis, first exit on hwy 370. i know you can buy ammo and reloading stuff out of state but as far as guns i dont know for sure, maybe buying it and have it sent to an ffl here. but with gun license reciprocity dont know if buying has changed too....daryll

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    The law was changed last year and you can now buy a long gun in a non-ajoining State without having it shipped to an Indiana FFL.
    Handguns may be/probably are a different story. I'm not sure on that but I'd say that someone around here would know.
    Then some States have waiting periods. I know for a fact that Illinois (of course) has a waiting period, even for long guns.
    You might just get the number for any place over there that you might buy from and see what they say, since some places put their own (sometimes assinine) policies in place that are above and beyond the actual law.

There are a number gun shops in the St. Charles area. And if you have time you should run down I-55 to Dunn's Sporting Goods in Pevely.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Well going to st louis for the weekend and maybe stoping at bass pro shop. Can Indiana residents buy guns or ammo in missouri? Just wondering if anyone has or not. I might if they have any deals. thanks:ingo:

Ammo is no issue...I bought a bunch at Cabelas when I was last there.....haven't bought a gun.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you happen to find a steal on a handgun, have it shipped to your local FFL.

Before you leave, stop by there and ask for a few copies of their license to take with you?

-J-

witdog2020

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Muncie
    If you happen to find a steal on a handgun, have it shipped to your local FFL.

Before you leave, stop by there and ask for a few copies of their license to take with you?

-J-

I was in a pawn shop in Oklahoma, and they told me they do not allow the sale in a state that does not border the state of Oklahoma. This included shipping to Indiana FFL. This was 10yrs ago now but that was the law.

I had the same exact issue at Gander Mountain in FL on a wingmaster, they couldn't even ship the gun to an Indiana Gander Mountain or FFL.

It makes no sense really that an individual can do this and a retailer may not. I think they may confuse the laws with their own policies. Not sure.

Top Bottom