• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I've done a quick search for legal info regarding carry in Ohio. I already have a Utah ccw. I just want to make sure I understand the differences between Indiana and Ohio law before a quick weekend excursion. Any tips/links/etc would be most appreciated.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Rule #1 in Ohio: Do. Not. Speed.

And I do belive that you must inform LEO if you're pulled over. (see rule #1)

Every small town & berg in Ohio has a police department, it seems. The Troopers like to patrol the Interstates, US highways, and high volume state highways.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Also, Ohio is one of the very few backward states that considers it a crime to carry in an establishment that serves alcohol. It doesn't matter if you consume or not, just walking through the door is a crime in Ohio.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    As I understand it, in Ohio, a "No Weapons" sign has the authority of law. At least those that are properly worded and most of them are. Get caught carrying where posted and you could be in for harsh penalties.
    I carry in Ohio with my Utah license on my frequent business trips. I download the State law for every State I travel to and review them before leaving home. Makes you appreciate Indiana. We're not perfect (yet) but carrying here is much easier than most other States.

Top Bottom