• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamieQ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    I may be mistaken but I believe this might be covered in FOPA 1986???

S.2414 lengthened this and made it more specific:

"Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearms if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle, provided that in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver's compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console."​

jrockne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    This is a really unfortunate situation. I understand companies wanting some of these crazy policies in the hopes that it will prevent any situation from escalating to a much more serious one, but good lord, they should be focusing on the company and stay out of how employees choose to legally protect themselves if necessary.

Does this mean even in late November a guy can't have his slug gun in the truck to head to the treestand for an evening hunt after work? Let's just Nerf the world.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Exactly. It would be akin to firing him because of his creed or sexual orientation.

Did the other party know you were recording the phone conversation. Big no no if they were not made aware :twocents:

Why? Indiana is not a two party state.

edit: looks like others already go this one lol.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    How on earth would they know you had an AR-15 in your vehicle?

If you told anyone, you deserve what happened bottom line.

I just don't see how anyone could know you had it unless you bragged about it or showed it off.

I wouldn't even waste the money retaining an Attorney.. A lawsuit will go nowhere, watch.

it was no big deal

Obviously it was a big deal, anytime someone says something is no big deal, you best bet it is a big deal.

I know from personal experience in a place of employment.. anymore I just keep my mouth shut about what I have or don't have.

By the way... Any smart Attorney will tell you to keep your mouth shut, like you didn't do.

He or she would also tell you to keep your mouth shut online and off about legal proceedings (especially lawsuits), if not.. he or she is no smart Attorney.

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    How on earth would they know you had an AR-15 in your vehicle?

If you told anyone, you deserve what happened bottom line.

I just don't see how anyone could know you had it unless you bragged about it or showed it off.

I wouldn't even waste the money retaining an Attorney.. A lawsuit will go nowhere, watch.

Obviously it was a big deal, anytime someone says something is no big deal, you best bet it is a big deal.

I know from personal experience in a place of employment.. anymore I just keep my mouth shut about what I have or don't have.

By the way... Any smart Attorney will tell you to keep your mouth shut, like you didn't do.

He or she would also tell you to keep your mouth shut online and off about legal proceedings (especially lawsuits), if not.. he or she is no smart Attorney.

So... I take it you are pro Open Carry.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Indiana is an at will state if they do not mention why they fired you, if they tell you why you are fired and it conflicts with current law they have issues

This is important.

Never never never say why you are firing someone. It can't help anything, and it just sets you up for issues.

Your reason is always that chose to at your own will, end of story. No explanation to anyone about why you fired a particular person.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Well As it stands now. Mr Ciyou Wants $500 for a consultation fee and 3k retainer.

Hoping to hear Back from Guy Relford later on today.

And Yes it was no big deal, One of my supervisors carried an elephant rifle in his truck another had an AR-15 that was stolen from his vehicle, both are still employed.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    From Bill 411:

"Sec. 9. Notwithstanding section 6 of this chapter, this chapter does not prohibit a public or privateemployer from: (1) regulating or prohibiting the possession or carrying of a firearm by an employee during and in the course of the duties of the employee on behalf of the employer or while on the property of the employer; "

The way I read this is that if your vehicle is parked on company property, the company can prohibit you from keeping a firearm in your vehicle. Is keeping it in your car considered "carrying"? Or am I totally off base?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Note to self: Dont carry AR15s in your car.

So, what do you think you are going to get out of fighting this ?

$$$?

Your job back?

Just curious, but.. whats the upside?

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Note to self: Dont carry AR15s in your car.

So, what do you think you are going to get out of fighting this ?

$$$?

Your job back?

Just curious, but.. whats the upside?

Well ideally I get enough to cover the attorney fee's, and keep my family afloat till another job presents its self.

My goal though is to cover my attorney's fee's, and ideally prevent said company from doing this to another employee,

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    From Bill 411:

"Sec. 9. Notwithstanding section 6 of this chapter, this chapter does not prohibit a public or privateemployer from: (1) regulating or prohibiting the possession or carrying of a firearm by an employee during and in the course of the duties of the employee on behalf of the employer or while on the property of the employer; "

The way I read this is that if your vehicle is parked on company property, the company can prohibit you from keeping a firearm in your vehicle. Is keeping it in your car considered "carrying"? Or am I totally off base?

Having it in his vehicle is not "carrying". From the same law, he can have it in his locked vehicle. His employer is not prohibited from telling him he cannot have it on his person while working.

I am interested to see where this goes.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom