• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    So I read this whole thread, and you were fired over something that didn't even happen? Why did you not open the thread with that?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Even if the OP wins a lawsuit, what do they really "win?" For example, if you are likely only going to make $25K/year for the rest of your career. You are 40, and likely will need to work till you are 65 (for an example). Do people really think they are going to get a payout of $625K for lost wages? Even more for "pain and suffering?" Lawyers want to get paid, and the rule of thumb is usually 1/3rd of whatever any settlement or judgement is. How many lawyers are going to keep a person as a client when the person turns down $100K? Even if one takes $100K, they walk away with $66K after lawyer fees. Are there any taxes? Also, now you have money, but no job...in a horrible market. Might not be too bad since I bet it is easier to get lower paying jobs than middle or higher paying jobs. So that example isn't all that bad, but now say the job you lost paid $50K/year, or $80K/year. Now is that $66K going to make you feel better and make up for losing what might have been $1.25-$2.00 million that one may have made over the next 25 years?

So is it worth it to win a battle when you basically end up losing the war?

I see what you're saying, but I also see that it would be better to be looking for a job and have $50K in the bank, than be looking for a job with zero saved.

jrockne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Some of you guys are being a little unrealistic. Put yourself in his shoes, wouldn't you be upset if you were fired for something that didn't break company policy and wasn't illegal? The question of whether or not you would hire a lawyer is a separate issue.

The man was wronged (based on his statements and we have no reason to think otherwise), and he can 'handle' it however he chooses.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    1. Went to war with a company for something that didnt happen.
    2. Talked to a bunch of lawyers.
    3. Also interviewed and got another job all in the same day.

Damn son you move quick.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Put yourself in his shoes, wouldn't you be upset if you were fired for something that didn't break company policy and wasn't illegal? The question of whether or not you would hire a lawyer is a separate issue.

Indiana is an "Employment at Will" State, from the way I understand it.. you can be fired for any reason they seem is reasonable as you can quit for any reason you seem is reasonable. He should have never admitted he carried an AR-15 in his vehicle no matter what anyone else was claiming; armed security or not. I've been fired from an armed security job for legal carry of my handgun with an LTCH (owner even ok'd it, but then changed his mind).. I just moved on with my life. I'm not sue happy.. sometimes it's best just to move on.. it'll save money, time and embarrassment.

Also from reading his own posts.. it sounds like he is a drinker, how do we not know this isn't one of the reasons they let him go?

By the way.. the other handgun I had was a back up, which was okay'd at first.. then they just fired me for some stupid reason for "violating their rules" of carry while on duty.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Indiana is an "Employment at Will" State, from the way I understand it.. you can be fired for any reason they seem is reasonable as you can quit for any reason you seem is reasonable. He should have never admitted he carried an AR-15 in his vehicle no matter what anyone else was claiming; armed security or not. I've been fired from an armed security job for legal carry of my handgun with an LTCH (owner even ok'd it, but then changed his mind).. I just moved on with my life. I'm not sue happy.. sometimes it's best just to move on.. it'll save money, time and embarrassment.

Also from reading his own posts.. it sounds like he is a drinker, how do we not know this isn't one of the reasons they let him go?

By the way.. the other handgun I had was a back up, which was okay'd at first.. then they just fired me for some stupid reason for "violating their rules" of carry while on duty.

Dude you made me just read some of the threads he has started, its not the first time that AR15 jangling around in the back seat has got him in trouble.

And there is some drama about the gun he uses for his security job, that was bought here on the classifieds. Something about 10 bucks, and its referenced in his sig.

I think this is going to keep me entertained for a while. :yesway:

Its like MAURY! on Ingo :)

132424422643339.jpeg

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Dude you made me just read some of the threads he has started, its not the first time that AR15 jangling around in the back seat has got him in trouble.

And there is some drama about the gun he uses for his security job, that was bought here on the classifieds. Something about 10 bucks, and its referenced in his sig.

Oh.. I know all about that, don't even get me started! He should tone down the "crazy", it's drawing unwanted attention everywhere.

:D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yet you need a License to Carry a Firearm in order to keep one in your car.

That's why I thought it might constitute "carrying".

Handgun, not "Firearm", but I knew what you meant. The specificity is important, but it's already been addressed.

Aside from the long gun/handgun answer you already got, your statement is still untrue for handguns:

IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without being licensed; exceptions; person convicted of domestic battery
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.
    (b) Except as provided in subsection (c), a person may carry a handgun without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun if:
    (1) the person carries the handgun on or about the person's body in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person;
    (2) the person carries the handgun on or about the person's body while lawfully present in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the person:
    (A) has the consent of the owner, renter, lessor, or person who legally controls the property to have the handgun on the premises;
    (B) is attending a firearms related event on the property, including a gun show, firearms expo, gun owner's club or convention, hunting club, shooting club, or training course; or
    (C) is on the property to receive firearms related services, including the repair, maintenance, or modification of a firearm;
    (3) the person carries the handgun in a vehicle that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person, if the handgun is:
    (A) unloaded;
    (B) not readily accessible; and
    (C) secured in a case;

(4) the person carries the handgun while lawfully present in a vehicle that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the handgun is:
    (A) unloaded;
    (B) not readily accessible; and
    (C) secured in a case; or
    (5) the person carries the handgun:
    (A) at a shooting range (as defined in IC 14-22-31.5-3);
    (B) while attending a firearms instructional course; or
    (C) while engaged in a legal hunting activity.​
    (c) Unless the person's right to possess a firearm has been restored under IC 35-47-4-7, a person who has been convicted of domestic battery under IC 35-42-2-1.3 may not possess or carry a handgun.​
    (d) This section may be not construed:
    (1) to prohibit a person who owns, leases, rents, or otherwise legally controls private property from regulating or prohibiting the possession of firearms on the private property;
    (2) to allow a person to adopt or enforce an ordinance, resolution, policy, or rule that:
    (A) prohibits; or
    (B) has the effect of prohibiting;
    an employee of the person from possessing a firearm or ammunition that is locked in the trunk of the employee's vehicle, kept in the glove compartment of the employee's locked vehicle, or stored out of plain sight in the employee's locked vehicle, unless the person's adoption or enforcement of the ordinance, resolution, policy, or rule is allowed under IC 34-28-7-2(b); or
    (3) to allow a person to adopt or enforce a law, statute, ordinance, resolution, policy, or rule that allows a person to possess or transport a firearm or ammunition if the person is prohibited from possessing or transporting the firearm or ammunition by state or federal law.​
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.326-1987, SEC.1; P.L.195-2003, SEC.6; P.L.98-2004, SEC.155; P.L.118-2007, SEC.35; P.L.164-2011, SEC.1; P.L.6-2012, SEC.231.
    (indenting of paragraphs and red emphasis mine)

You can keep a firearm in your vehicle in Indiana, including a handgun, without being licensed to do so, by following a few simple procedures. We won't get into the Constitutionality of those procedures; I'm only saying that it's lawful.

Hope that helps! :)

Blessings,
    Bill

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I assume one of the other people I worked with probably called or emailed... Im not really sure. It was just a suprise in my inbox
    I would seriously talk to your lawyer before talking to that midget Sanchez. He's about as bad as it gets when it comes to twisting stories around to say what he wants them to.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This deal with Raphael Sanchez must be a regional thing. :dunno:

Top Bottom