• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Guys and Girls I'm needing a contingency plan I have a charity golf outing a sponsor may not be able to get me a launcher in time. I need it THIS Saturday. :nailbite: I have the capability to build one but no reasonable source for the 1.72" ID pipe I need. Does an INGOer have one that I could buy or borrow? Or some pipe with the correct ID? I'm hoping that the supplier will get what I need but hope is not a plan!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I don't know what kind of launcher you need or what it's for, But I have made compressed air launchers with ordinary pvc pipe. I have patched them with paper towels and I have used Dixie Cup sabots...... The balls fly out of sight and still rising, so I don't know what you will use it for golfing.

We fired them at shoulder level trying to hit them with a baseball bat...... they flew out of sight off of a bat too

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I don't know what kind of launcher you need or what it's for, But I have made compressed air launchers with ordinary pvc pipe. I have patched them with paper towels and I have used Dixie Cup sabots...... The balls fly out of sight and still rising, so I don't know what you will use it for golfing.

We fired them at shoulder level trying to hit them with a baseball bat...... they flew out of sight off of a bat too

Dang. What kind of stamp does one need for that?

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    A big thank you to you all the INGO community is the best!.......... This was a one time use item really didn't want to pay out the nose for shipping but it's for the kids and shelter dogs. I ordered it this afternoon if I had a few more days I could have have made one. Thank you again for the offers to build and help out.

Blown71X

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Boone County
    Call me stupid, But I guess I have a curiousity about what reason there is to shoot golf balls that distance ?
    But a hell of a great idea and as someone that had a spud gun come apart in my face, a whole lot safer. :rockwoot:

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The launcher mounts to the end of the rifle uses blanks which we will provide also supervise the use. We are using it on a proper hole a par 5 as a chance to potentially reduce the amount of strokes on the score. Also on the driving range.

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    I've got a cannon you are more than welcome to borrow if you want to try it. It's got a 1.75 bore. Pm me you tx and I'll send you some pics

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think golf would be more interesting if you actually shot the ball with a rubber bullet. Chase it to where it landed and shoot it again...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Call me stupid, But I guess I have a curiousity about what reason there is to shoot golf balls that distance ?
    But a hell of a great idea and as someone that had a spud gun come apart in my face, a whole lot safer. :rockwoot:

When building these "toys" (spudguns), always sleeve the breech/chamber section with the cut off leg of blue jeans. this will contain shrapnel and defeat the compression wave to a great extent. Secure the jeans tight at the breech and leave the other end open..... in case of rupture the blast is directed forward and out the open end, away from the operator or crew.

Top Bottom