• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    morning: I have a Club Car golf cart gas, it will run fine for a while then die, let cool off runs fine then dies again. Paid a man in walebora $400 dollors last year to fix it, same story runs fine then dies, he would look at it again but would still be service charge:noway:. My friends who have had gas carts many more years than I have told be more than likely te coil, anyone know of anyone in seymour or columbus, Ind. That can do this work? They also said the was a way to put a 12 volt car coil on instead, but I can find nothing anywhere about this:rolleyes:, any help out there?:) Thanks in advance.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    What year Club Car golf cart is it ? they made differnet coils for certain years
    m50hBYPcXaZeSaSkt5iAhvw.jpg
    This one is for 84+
    mkbGjziysFqS4XzLcUQrIyQ.jpg
    This style for 92-96
    It can also be vapor locking - have you checked your fuel filter ?
    I also would believe its the coil , but have seen fuel filters that are semi pluged , machine runs for a while then dies, wait a lil bit and the fuel fills the lines and the machine runs for a lil bit more .
    You can check the coil your self - theres all kinds of how to information on the web .
    Good luck and let us know what you find .

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    My lawn mower did something similar. Ran and would nearly die. I would disengage the PTO and the rpms would increase. Engage the PTO, and the cycle would repeat. Ended up being the battery even though it started fine.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Some of the older golf carts can use an old Ford coil. I'm not 100% which Ford coil because the coil wasn't the issue on the cart that was having problems.

You could head on over to Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum, make an account, and give them details on the cart/motor/problems. They've got some very good backyard guys as well as guys that are known in the industry for building very high end custom carts.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Some of the older golf carts can use an old Ford coil. I'm not 100% which Ford coil because the coil wasn't the issue on the cart that was having problems.

You could head on over to Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum, make an account, and give them details on the cart/motor/problems. They've got some very good backyard guys as well as guys that are known in the industry for building very high end custom carts.

Second the motion on Buggies Gone Wild. A LOT of good information on there. But I must warn you to be strong young jedi because the dark side of the force is strong on that site. I fell under their evil influence and now have a 24hp honda v-twin sitting in the barn awaiting installation in my '00 club car!!:rockwoot:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Second the motion on Buggies Gone Wild. A LOT of good information on there. But I must warn you to be strong young jedi because the dark side of the force is strong on that site. I fell under their evil influence and now have a 24hp honda v-twin sitting in the barn awaiting installation in my '00 club car!!:rockwoot:

Heh, we've got an electric Club Car (lifted, overhead stereo console, getting a separate 12v for stereo/lights/extras) and a Hyundai that just got upgraded from an 8.5hp Robbins to a 16hp Honda clone. It is currently getting a 6 inch lift and somewhat aggressive 22x11x10s. I'm thinking about putting a custom roof on so I can go with overhead gun racks. The body has been done in bedliner as this is the beater cart.

It can get pretty addicting.

Top Bottom