Golly, why isn’t the MSM covering this??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And one was sensationalized beyond belief and one has been ignored for the most part. If only someone could pinpoint why.....
    A variety of reasons, the one you are looking for is that one was done by conservatives and that might be. If so a very tiny part of it. But there is a whole host of others. The only violence at this one was a 18 yr old chick who "grabbed" an officers arm, no injuries, no officer involved shootings, no damage to the building, the building was open to the public, about 15 people total compared to how many, they had a permit, shall I go on? This was IMO a peaceful and generally lawful if in my view annoying and misguided protest. Jan 6th was IMO borderline if not an actual riot at least in places.

Is the IN statehouse open to the public yet? If it is let me know, I'll see if I can gather up a dozen or so people who are willing to go unarmed and stage a protest inside regarding HB 1369, we'll see just how much attention it gets.

The 2a rallies at the IN statehouse, they received for the most part local/state reporting did they not? And that was how many people, a couple thousand? The majority visibly armed?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    A variety of reasons, the one you are looking for is that one was done by conservatives and that might be. If so a very tiny part of it. But there is a whole host of others. The only violence at this one was a 18 yr old chick who "grabbed" an officers arm, no injuries, no officer involved shootings, no damage to the building, the building was open to the public, about 15 people total compared to how many, they had a permit, shall I go on? This was IMO a peaceful and generally lawful if in my view annoying and misguided protest. Jan 6th was IMO borderline if not an actual riot at least in places.

Is the IN statehouse open to the public yet? If it is let me know, I'll see if I can gather up a dozen or so people who are willing to go unarmed and stage a protest inside regarding HB 1369, we'll see just how much attention it gets.

The 2a rallies at the IN statehouse, they received for the most part local/state reporting did they not? And that was how many people, a couple thousand? The majority visibly armed?
    I have to agree with this. Statehouses are generally much more open to the public, protests within statehouses are not that unusual, and this sounds like a pretty small group who didn't really accomplish anything noteworthy or particularly dangerous.

Not a BLM fan, I don't think the 6th was an "insurrection" either, but this seems pretty minor on the "peaceful protest" scale and not really national news worthy.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

You can ramble on all you would like while ignoring my point. I never claimed it was the same building, same rules, same people, same number of people or the same motivation.

There are two sets of truths in this country. What the MSM reports and what actually happens. Pick your poison.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You can ramble on all you would like while ignoring my point. I never claimed it was the same building, same rules, same people, same number of people or the same motivation.

There are two sets of truths in this country. What the MSM reports and what actually happens. Pick your poison.
    I'm not disputing that there is bias in reporting. It seemed to me you we're trying to conflate the two events, especially when you repeatedly ask why this tiny actually peaceful and lawful protest didn't get the same sensationalism as Jan 6th. Now if you want to discuss the "mostly peaceful' protests vs the "insurrection", I might agree with you. Here is my viewpoint of the two, both were riots at least in places. But by the reporting you wouldn't know that.

Last edited:

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    How very strange.

Apparently BLM in Iowa staged an insurrection against the capitol and forcefully entered the building but for some strange reason it doesn’t seem to get receiving the media coverage one might consider worthy.

I’ll have to mull it over for awhile to figure out why that is.
    Link?

Top Bottom