• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I am leaving the multi blade razor fiasco for a razor more manly. I am currently looking at either a Gillette Tech or a Super Speed.

Does anyone else here use a safety razor and have suggestions on where to start?

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I've toyed with the idea of using a straight razor.. but I honestly think I'd have better luck sticking my face into a lawn mower. Certainly have the same effect..

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Be really manly and get a straight razor. Then you don't have to buy blades. I used one for a while, many years ago. Didn't mind the results. Have thought about acquiring one again, as a simple SHTF solution to shaving. As for the safety razors, it's been decades since I used one and I must admit I never cared much for them. They tended to cut the crap out of me every so often. Nowadays I stick with the expensive multiblade razors and haven't had so much as a nick in ages.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I've almost always used a Gillette double-edged safety razor. Currently -
    images

Though my favorite was/is which lets you adjust the blade gap-
    Gillette%20Super%20Adjustable%20Safety%20Razor.jpg

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    the top one looks similar to one my uncle had. i used it a few times when i stayed at their house when i was in college. i really liked using a safety razor, but i am lazy and just buy a bag of gillette good news (cheap blue disposables). they work good enough for me. i have used the 2 and 3 blade cartridge razors, but those things get so damn expensive i quit using them and have never tried any of the newer types.

i've had a straight shave at the barber before; feels great but i never looked into getting one. i know i wouldn't take the time to keep it sharp enough to be useful. if you find a good safety razor you like, let us know. i might be interested in a change as well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom