• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm supposed to be selling my Jeep this Friday. If all goes according to plan I will likely be ordering a new truck next week. While I wait for delivery I hope to tuck some money away for a lift and wheels/tires and will need a reputable shop to install it. I've never been too crazy about 4WheelParts, are there any other reputable shops in central Indiana I could trust a brand new truck to?

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Use to work with the guy that did most of their truck lifts and he's good at it. He also did a lot of the work at Rhino Linings in Columbus. If Carl still works for either one that would be the person to talk to.

Trucks

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I spent yesterday morning trying to find a leveling kit locally, for my truck. I had to order it online. :xmad:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not much in central Indiana. Lovemachine mentioned Sunfire out in Sunman. A friend had a ton of work done on his old Bronco, and swears by them.

Branik Motorsports in Fort Wayne is another I know of.

I don't particularly care for 4WheelParts either. Fine for ordering stuff, when you can find a deal. Their shop seems more about rims and tires than custom work. I've not been to the new location, so maybe it is better.

ick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    NWI
    It's a bit of a drive, but they know their stuff. Sunfire Off-road.
    SunFire Off-Road

They did the regear on my Jeep. The owner, Scott, is very knowledgeable and is good at what he does.

How much did they charge for your regear? 4WP quoted me about $2200 to go to 4.56 in my JKU, which seems a bit high for not using Yukon gears.
    I'm not close to 812, but would make a trip for a good shop. Anything in NWI?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's about an hour drive down I-65, but Hills 4x4 has been around for decades and does good work at prices you're not going to find in Indy. I don't think they have a web page but Google "Hill's 4x4 Austin IN" and you should get their info.

I couldn't believe what 4wheelparts charged for labor in Indy, it's well worth the trip to Hill's. I don't know if they still do, but they also used to have bumper stickers that read "Up Yours...at Hill's 4x4". You used to see them all over the place in southern IN.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    How much did they charge for your regear? 4WP quoted me about $2200 to go to 4.56 in my JKU, which seems a bit high for not using Yukon gears.
    I'm not close to 812, but would make a trip for a good shop. Anything in NWI?

I have a TJ, so it's much simpler to regear VS a JK. I will say that the quote from 4WP was more than double what I paid for at Sunfire.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I installed a full blown suspension on my jeep, and helped both my brothers do the lift kit on their trucks. It's easy if you can turn a wrench.

What exactly are you wanting to install on the new truck, Phylo?

Depending on what you're wanting, you may be able to do it yourself in a weekend...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I installed a full blown suspension on my jeep, and helped both my brothers do the lift kit on their trucks. It's easy if you can turn a wrench.

What exactly are you wanting to install on the new truck, Phylo?

Depending on what you're wanting, you may be able to do it yourself in a weekend...

More than likely going to be putting a 6" Zone Offroad lift on a 2017 Ram 1500 if all goes according to plan. I'd love to do it myself if it doesn't require any fab work, nuts & bolts don't scare me especially on a brand new truck. Saving the money on labor would certainly help me go from 35's to 37's which I'd love to do.

Thanks for all of the recommendations. If I can't do it myself at least I have several options to choose from.

Top Bottom