• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    There are a lot of options out there, both new and used. If you don't mind a used gun, you might be able to find a gun that would otherwise be out of your price range. Like a HK, Sig, CZ etc...
    Sig makes a very nice Polymer frame gun. It is their Pro series and those sell new for under $500. They are a very comfortable firearm. The only drawback is that Sig is only shipping one mag with their firearms now.
    You might want to look at the Sig P6(225). It is a single stack 9mm.
    Century International has them for $369.87, you would just need to pay the shipping and transfer fee. even with those fees you should be well under $500.

ebczf8.jpg

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    <$500 but a little big for summer carry is a Ruger P95DC, 15 +1 , a rail, and money left over for a rail toy or ammo.

Yes it's a big gun. iT will not let you down.

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    <$500 but a little big for summer carry is a Ruger P95DC, 15 +1 , a rail, and money left over for a rail toy or ammo.

Yes it's a big gun. iT will not let you down.

I agree totally. I have a p95dc.. I bought it in January 2001. I have fired thousands of rounds through it, without a FTF. the only time it has failed to eject is when i was using a non Ruger mag. It is the gun i tought my wife to shoot with. She loves it. It is a must bring every time we go to the range. It is a little to bulky to be a ccw. I have done it, but it isn't the most comfortable gun to carry.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    The G19 should stay in your price range. The S&W and the Springfield offerings may go a little higher. I don't have a 9mm Glock, but I'd have no hesitation buying one. I love my Glock 40s and 45s.

I do have a Ruger SR9 and I love it, too. Nice fit and finish and nice to hold. Everyone who has shot mine has loved it. And it should be available at a reasonable price.

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I do have a Ruger SR9 and I love it, too. Nice fit and finish and nice to hold. Everyone who has shot mine has loved it. And it should be available at a reasonable price.

I believe Midwest has the SR9 for about $469.00 the p95dc about $100 less.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I honestly couldn't be any happier with my Ruger SR9. I haven't had a single hiccup in over 800 rounds. For me the ergonomics are awesome! Also it will leave you a few extra bucks for ammo as you should be able to find them new in low 400s. I encourage you to try one. It may really surprise you.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I want to say Bob has had SR9's for as low as like $389 new but I could be wrong, I haven't been in there in a while. Never shot one but i have heard nothing but good things about them.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Let's say you are trying to decide between the SR9 and the G19.

If you want sexy, go with the Ruger. If you don't care about sexy, go with the Glock.

Glock is proven to be reliable. The Ruger is probably reliable, too, but there is only a two-year track record.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Alrighty... how does the following sound:

Sig P228
    Night Sights
    4-5 High Cap magazines
    Serpa Holster

all for $450 otd. I think that sounds pretty amazing, but I'd like to makes sure you all agree I should jump on that.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Sig P228
    Night Sights
    4-5 High Cap magazines
    Serpa Holster

all for $450 otd. I think that sounds pretty amazing, but I'd like to makes sure you all agree I should jump on that.

I think you'd best be RUNNING, not walking back to whoever has that gun, hoping all the while it's not already gone. Which it probably already is LOL.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think you'd best be RUNNING, not walking back to whoever has that gun, hoping all the while it's not already gone. Which it probably already is LOL.

Yes take that deal in a heartbeat! If you dont want it give me the info i'll take it!

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    That is a terrible deal. This person is obviously trying to take advantage of you. Just give me his contact information and I will straighten him out for you...and find out if he takes checks.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I hope you get on this ASAP!!

Sig P228
    Night Sights
    4-5 High Cap magazines
    Serpa Holster

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yeah, I'd be pretty hard pressed to not jump on that deal. Nice find! You care to elaborate on where you got the deal? LGS? friend? I'm just curious how you got a deal like that.

Top Bottom