• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    My son is interested in bow hunting and I am looking for good web sites that we could visit to get better informed.

Thanks

Buckaroo

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Bowsite.

Bowsite.com - Bowhunting Supersite

There's a sister site The Leatherwall, for traditional archery:

http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/tf/lw/threadsx2.cfm

Indiana's Bowsite forum:

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/threads.cfm?state=IN

The Indiana Bowhunter Association:

http://www.indianabowhunter.com/main.aspx

I'm a past President of the IBA. I can probably steer you in which ever direction you want to take your son.

also, and importantly:

http://www.nbef.org/

Anything else, let me know. I'll try to help, or send you to those that can.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Tradgang is the best archery site on the internet. Also Primitive archer is a great magazine and forum/website if you want to delve into the all natural side of archery.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    You gotta check out Whitetailaffliction.com , lots of local guys who will bend over backwards to help you out.

Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    What about competitive archery (target shooting, tournaments, etc.)? Are there any clubs/organizations in central Indy into that sort of thing?

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    What about competitive archery (target shooting, tournaments, etc.)? Are there any clubs/organizations in central Indy into that sort of thing?

Deep River used to hold shoots, as did a bunch of clubs. I know Nancy's just west of Cloverdale still does, Farmland Conservation Club has a couple a year. The Indiana Bowhunter Association holds a couple a year at Boondocks Farms outside of Knightstown, and Boondocks holds shoots for a couple of other groups, too. Cloverdale used to have quarterly shoots, but I don't know anymore if they do or not. They are having their weekend-long Traditional Nationals Archery shoot pretty soon. Used to be the second weekend in June, I think.
    I can send you a copy of the Spring issue of the IBA magazine in .pdf that has a fairly comprehensive schedule of the 2009 shoots, if you want. Shoot me a PM with an e-mail addy.

shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    go to the outdoorsman sport shop in greenwood and take your time and look around. write down what questions you have now, so you won't forget to ask any. then step up to the counter and be honest about your current abilities and how far you want to take it. be open to numerous suggestions. ask to hold/touch and look at everything, don't just stare over the counter at it. take the bows down and pull them back. remember only a some amount of bows are there. so realize ordering one is very common. so ask questions. most importanting remember that a bow is not like a factory shelf gun. you adapt your body to fit a normal gun, but you adjust a bow to fit you.

packingranny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Washington Conservation Club in Washington Indiana has bow shoots. We are having the shoots August 29th from 8-2pm and September 12th , 8-2pm.
    Washington Conservation Club 2010-08-29 @ 3DShoots.com August 29, 2010
    I think you will like it. Indoor restrooms, water provided on the trails. It's a 30 target shoot. We also have four bows for practice only for adults or children . Two are right handed and two lefty's. It's a way to find out if you want to maybe down the road buy bows etc and go to the target shoots. My own granddaughters got a chance to practice and see if they like doing this. Two did, but one had a bit of trouble doing it. But, she was gamed. She is so much a total shoe/purse person lol ...but she has gone out with her dad hunting. Hope we see you there.

Top Bottom