• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cascadewalker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Thanks for sharing that link. I've read posts here and there about particular malfunction causes, but it's nice to have a summarized reference.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Meh, guess I must fall into the need to shoot more category! Or maybe it's just cause my Colts is ****ing AWSOME!!!

Last edited:

pellidon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I had a Springfield mini or compact mini that had the high angle jam all the time. It had a recoil spring that was almost too hard to hand cycle and nothing could make it lighter. I shortened the spring but could never get it to cycle properly. Just like the author stated. It would not work with full size mags that were flawless in my full size 1911. Couldn't put it's mags in the full size but I am betting they would have worked.

To date, that has been my only problem child in any format. I never even had smileys in my old Kel Tec P3AT.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I have one 1911 that was a bit finicky. It would not close the slide all the way, about a 1/4" short of going fully into battery. Turns out all I had to do was polish the breech face and that problem went away completely. Shortly after that the slide wouldn't lock open on the last round. I had to replace the slide stop with a quality 10-8 slide stop and that problem stopped. Now the gun is flawless in operation.

My other 1911's have been great.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Here is the ACTUAL article on 1911 malfunctions.

this_page_intentionally_left_blank1.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    1911s do not malfunction. What they do is once in a while send a message back to the shooter to say 'Hey, what kind of crap ammo are you feeding me?' or 'Hey dumbass, a bit of lube please'. Sometimes, it's telling you your mags need cleaned or that springs are tired. But malfunction? No, never. The 1911 is so advanced, it speaks to its shooter in ways that a Glock never could do.

With the Glock, it just keeps shooting, never telling the shooter what potential pitfall is lurking in the gun. The 1911 speaks to you though. It really does!

Top Bottom