• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I can't tell you what gun to get. If you can look at more than one brand. Sig, Glock, M&P, XD,and 1911's are what most will advise you to get but there are lots of other brands just as good. I don't like Glocks as their grips are too large for me and the grip angle is wrong for me. Have not tried XD or M&P. How do you dress most days will also push you toward one than another. Body size will determine if you can carry a large gun or need to go to a thinner one. You also want to get a good holster to carry your gun in. I have found that leather is easier to wear all day than the poly made holsters. In leather I like horsehide over cowhide. I carry a government size 1911 platform inside the waistband in a Kramer horsehide holster 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week. You also need a gun belt to carry all the time, dress belts are too flexible. How many mags will you carry for reloads? You need good mag holders so that the mag stays where it should even with you rolling on the ground. You will spend $200-$300 for good leather to carry every day. I carry 9mm, 10mm, or .45 ACP, don't like .40 S&W. The Glock and 1911's have the most after market parts to change the guns factory parts for whatever reason you want.

Top Bottom