lizton/brownsburg
    Last edited:

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    The majority of police are GOOD people . Don't lump them into groups like the anti gun people do when someone comets a violent act with a gun..They want to do the job and go home at night They have to deal with some of the worst people.As far as asking four firearm when they make a stop they and you should KNOW they arn't going to shoot you ,But they don't know what your intent is . Give them a break.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Thanks for sharing. That is a sad story. Walt O, I don't think the OP meant that the majority of police are bad. The title of this thread could have been worded differently but don't get bent out of shape about it.

edit: i can't figure out the embedding thing sorry guys
    You just highlight the complete link from your browser's url bar, click the video reel icon on the reply section, and then paste the link into the url section on the pop up window.
    [video=youtube;l4h_2vBVwUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4h_2vBVwUA[/video]

Last edited:

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    The majority of police are GOOD people . Don't lump them into groups like the anti gun people do when someone comets a violent act with a gun..They want to do the job and go home at night They have to deal with some of the worst people.As far as asking four firearm when they make a stop they and you should KNOW they arn't going to shoot you ,But they don't know what your intent is . Give them a break.

I worded my original post to reflect my position which lines up with yours. I just did not state it so it came off as if i was a cop hater, which i am not

Thanks for sharing. That is a sad story. Walt O, I don't think the OP meant that the majority of police are bad. The title of this thread could have been worded differently but don't get bent out of shape about it.

he posted this before i edited the body of my thread
    and thanks for fixing my embedding code, ill copy/paste that to the OP now

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    I measure it like this. I don't want their job. Most aren't just good people. They are great people. But it only ever take a few bad to spoil the barrel. Police credibility and image takes a hit every time one gets caught In the wrong. Indy has had a bad run of that over the past few years. Hopefully that's changing for the better now.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Thanks for sharing.

I've met one of our resident cops and he was a fine, upstanding individual. I believe that most peace keepers are. I work in IT and I've been around people that have no business in my profession and some that are brilliant; the same is true of any profession

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Actions like that go a long way. Sounds like he was an ambassador of kindness. That kind of action does so much good in a community and other programs like the cops shopping with the kids for clothes toys and school supplies. But just one bad act by a person in public service (not just cops, also soldiers in a war zone), has so many more impacts, but in a negative light. It sucks that people remember the bad more than good but that's human nature. The media doesn't help either.

never like seeing one of the true good guys go down. It sucks.

clemracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I strongly believe most of our law enforcers are good guys. It is just a few who spoil the names of the everyday hero - working to protect his fellow citizens.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    My prayers are going out to his family . Thank you and thanks to all who serve and protect from sea to shining sea . This allows me to live the life I do .

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I was back home last weekend and heard a deputy on the scanner tell the dispatcher he was getting out of the car to help someone change a tire. Just thought Id throw that out there.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I would guess by my experience that more than 99.9% of police officers are good people, most are better than the average non LEO citizen, however due to the fact they all have the power we grant them to really screw up our lives - and also that they are forced to enforce some lousy laws enacted by our elected officials (although most of the best LEO's do tend to be lax when enforcing laws they know are unfair or unnecessary) we tend to be leery of LEO's we don't know personally.

It only takes one bad LEO to give a bad reputation to hundreds. I have also known rookie police officers that let the "power" go to their head and caused a lot of grief to both citizens and the citizen views of other police officers. This is probably the cause of much of the resentment of citizens toward LEO's, too often the Rookie is so enamored of his "power" he makes arrests or writes tickets for minor infractions that experienced LEO's would ignore.

I'm sure this behavior happens in many other occupations, but most newbys don't have the ability to inflict the financial or legal problems on other people.

Kudo's to the many dedicated officers that are really attempting to make this a better, safer world.

Top Bottom