• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    I went to the lake on Saturday. Was a very nice day to be on the water. I went to the power plant at Merom. Left the lake with 30 fish in the live well. The bad part about it is that I caught a warmouth that was 10 inches long. The largest that I have ever caught. Not thinking anything about it I had it last night for dinner. Today I decided to check the DNR page. The state record is 1lb 3 oz. OOPS Oh well there will be another day.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I went to the lake on Saturday. Was a very nice day to be on the water. I went to the power plant at Merom. Left the lake with 30 fish in the live well. The bad part about it is that I caught a warmouth that was 10 inches long. The largest that I have ever caught. Not thinking anything about it I had it last night for dinner. Today I decided to check the DNR page. The state record is 1lb 3 oz. OOPS Oh well there will be another day.

Crappie I assume?

Interesting about the warmouth. I threw one back last year at Sweetwater Lake that bit a 5" Senko with a 2/0 hook that had to be every bit that big or bigger. I had no idea it would have been close to or above the record. I know, fish stories and worthless without pics but it was that big. Honest!!

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    I have not located any crappie in the lake in the past 4 years. The largest I have caught was from Merom 2.8 lbs I had it mounted. I was fishing for channel catfish. Caught the warmouth on a # 4 treble hook and shrip. I do have a picture just can not get it to load up

Last edited:

Greenedog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Congrats on the mess of fish sig shooter! Was there any size to the channel cats?
    We had the same scenario happen with the warmouth about 4 years ago. We were camping/fishing at Fowler Park in Vigo County and my oldest son caught and released his biggest ever...then we checked the records when we got home. :xmad:
    IMG_0889.jpg

Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    Nice job on the cats!
    On a side note, I loved to fish that lake in years past. Seems like it's been going down hill ever since they started running the plant at full cap. What was the water temp?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    haven't uncovered and loaded the boat yet, but did hit a pond Tuesday for a bit. Didn't get any bites and there was still ice around the edge of the water, but it was nice to wet a line for a few minutes.

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    Nice job on the cats!
    On a side note, I loved to fish that lake in years past. Seems like it's been going down hill ever since they started running the plant at full cap. What was the water temp?

The awter up at the bridge was 67 degrees. Down at the ramp was 40. They have attempted several things . They have put man made structure in the lake and stocked several fish. I have caught some nice gills and bass out of it in the last couple years

Top Bottom