• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You know, I'm looking around for other good deals. Got a psa pistol upper and lower yesterday. Deal of the day is 16" upper and classic lower for $400 + whatever. So I just bought another one of these GPZ's $372 total. Good parts, good sights. I'll give one to the wife.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I received my 2 rifles a couple days ago. They were well wrapped up in bubble wrap. Both came with PMAGS in a padded envelope. The sights are metal flip ups. No name on the sights but very nice and durable. There's a parts list up thread the OP posted. The wife and I can't wait to sight them in and put some rounds down range. No news on the fit or the bolt yet. I just got around to making room and getting them out of the boxes tonight. The delivery time was great considering it said 6 weeks.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    $439 Bushmaster Rural King. Don’t look back.
    it works. It is customizable. It is American made. Spend less time and money getting it to run.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I checked the bolt. It's very clean but is evident it's had brass through it to check function.

It has a locking charge handle and heat shielded handguard. The grip is diamond checkered and has a lot of traction. And of course a case deflector and dust cover.

The trigger guard is removable. There is no play in the trigger. Just pull and your shot is right there. I'm going to compare it to the X-MARK Pro trigger I have on my Remington 308 ACS which I have nicknamed the easy button.

At first I couldn't feel any play in upper lower fitment but there's a tiny bit there if you really want to find something wrong with it.

I like the low profile gas block with small rail under it. The top rail is numbered.

I absolutely love the steel flip up sights and would probably pay 100+ just for the sights. Push a button on the side and they spring up and lock. Push again to push the sights back down. The small and large aperture do not snap together like the MBUS. I hate pulling the apertures apart on the MBUS. The steel ones on this rifle are fixed at a 45° angle and you just flip it forward or backward. It is spring assisted to hold it in either position. The rear sight has a large knurled knob for adjustment with tactile and audible clicks. Unfortunately neither rifle came with a front sight adjustment tool, but I was able to use my MBUS tool. It pushes down a rod under spring pressure and there's a cutout on the sight post for the rod every quarter turn.

The Wylde barrel is notched in the middle. Usually this is for hanging a launcher or bayonet. Having no fixed sight post, I don't think this is a feature that will be used.

For $350 and free shipping, quick turnaround time, sights I'm just drooling over, a barrel designed by Jeff Wylde, think I got his first name right, to stabilize the bullet quicker and be more accurate, and an easy button trigger, I think this is a bargain. I'd rather buy this than a blemished PSA Kit for $289 minus a lower. I'm actually thinking about getting a couple more. But, I still haven't shot it yet but so far it seems nice for the price. My only gripe so far is it didn't come with a sight tool.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    OP here - mine is due in on Monday to my FFL...came here to the forum to share the news and looks like Sigblitz is way ahead of me!

Sigblitz - Glad to hear the good news with your first impressions. Maybe I should pop for another one too. (I think I would get the "stink eye" from the lady of the house-she may think some new carpet would be better! :D)

PappyD

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I checked the bolt. It's very clean but is evident it's had brass through it to check function.

It has a locking charge handle and heat shielded handguard. The grip is diamond checkered and has a lot of traction. And of course a case deflector and dust cover.

The trigger guard is removable. There is no play in the trigger. Just pull and your shot is right there. I'm going to compare it to the X-MARK Pro trigger I have on my Remington 308 ACS which I have nicknamed the easy button.

At first I couldn't feel any play in upper lower fitment but there's a tiny bit there if you really want to find something wrong with it.

I like the low profile gas block with small rail under it. The top rail is numbered.

I absolutely love the steel flip up sights and would probably pay 100+ just for the sights. Push a button on the side and they spring up and lock. Push again to push the sights back down. The small and large aperture do not snap together like the MBUS. I hate pulling the apertures apart on the MBUS. The steel ones on this rifle are fixed at a 45° angle and you just flip it forward or backward. It is spring assisted to hold it in either position. The rear sight has a large knurled knob for adjustment with tactile and audible clicks. Unfortunately neither rifle came with a front sight adjustment tool, but I was able to use my MBUS tool. It pushes down a rod under spring pressure and there's a cutout on the sight post for the rod every quarter turn.

The Wylde barrel is notched in the middle. Usually this is for hanging a launcher or bayonet. Having no fixed sight post, I don't think this is a feature that will be used.

For $350 and free shipping, quick turnaround time, sights I'm just drooling over, a barrel designed by Jeff Wylde, think I got his first name right, to stabilize the bullet quicker and be more accurate, and an easy button trigger, I think this is a bargain. I'd rather buy this than a blemished PSA Kit for $289 minus a lower. I'm actually thinking about getting a couple more. But, I still haven't shot it yet but so far it seems nice for the price. My only gripe so far is it didn't come with a sight tool.

Shoot it a lot before you throw more money that direction. There are a lot of reasons we suggest higher end Ar15s. A lot of fun can be had with cheap ar's, but a lot of headaches too.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    OP here - mine is due in on Monday to my FFL...came here to the forum to share the news and looks like Sigblitz is way ahead of me!

Sigblitz - Glad to hear the good news with your first impressions. Maybe I should pop for another one too. (I think I would get the "stink eye" from the lady of the house-she may think some new carpet would be better! :D)

PappyD

No. You tell her it's HER rifle.

My wife was happy. Then I unboxed the Brownells M16A1 copy, and she said No, THAT'S my rifle.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

PappyD

You will probably love the sights and the trigger. Mine came with PMAGS, which is another added value. So far this deal is full of win.:rockwoot:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    a barrel designed by Jeff Wylde, think I got his first name right,

I had the name wrong. Bill Wylde.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.223_Wylde_chamber

Coincidentally, it shoots the relatively long and heavy 80-grain bullets commonly used in the Sport Rifle Competition very well and is one of the preferred chambers for that use. The Wylde chamber is used by rifle manufacturers who sell "National Match" configuration AR-15 rifles, barrels and upper receivers.

Top Bottom