• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Got pulled over last night for having a tail light out. Deputy asked me how I was doing, said he pulled my over for a broken light, and asked for license and registration. Handed it over along with my LTCH. He simply asked if my handgun was sitting out in the vehicle. I told him I had one on my belt and one in my back pocket. He said, and I quote, "ok, I'm going to run your license and if everything checks out we'll get you on your way." He came back a minute later, gave me a verbal warning to fix the light and away I drove.
    I thought his actions were spot on. He made absolutely no issue at all of my being armed, unlike so many of the stories you hear. I was a little worried that he would make me get out of the car, etc. I was afraid that would upset my 2 year old who was with me. As it was, she thought the whole thing was hilariously entertaining.
    Anyway, pretty boring story, but a big +1 to Tippecanoe County.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Good to hear it, I wish every LTCH/LEO encounter was handled in a professional manner like that.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Pa2.jpg

:(

:D

+1 for no infringements :yesway:

runandgun44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I'm glad that you got an LEO that knows and respects your rights. However, many don't. By giving him your LTCH without being asked if you have a gun is just inviting a bad encounter in my opinion. I have never volunteered that info and I have never been asked yet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sometimes they see them, sometimes not. When I hit my deer I had two guns on my belt and the ISP trooper did not see them for several minutes and was taken back by them (probably just embarassed at his oversight, we were looking at the deer "hey, you have guns!"; he did not jack with them, just wanted to see my pink card).

However, ever since that IMPD cop pointed my pistol at me while he was trying to figure out how a 1911 worked like an ape from 2001, I would never volunteer any info to them. Let the cop bring it up.

Top Bottom