• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Hey dudes (and dudettes), Lebowski here.

I do most my firearm reading online, read INGO, reddit.com/r/guns, and reddit.com/r/ccw for info. I browse ImpactGuns and BudsGunShop all too often to digital window shop. I'm still a novice, but I love going to the range and target shooting. I'm a fond supporter of firearms even if not heavily edumacated on them. Was wondering what a good firearm related magazine would be to subscribe to. Something that covers things of my interest, like targeting shooting and personal protection. I don't really hunt, it's been years since I have, so preferably not a hunting magazine. Something that publishes a detailed look at new firearms and existing ones, good reviews and easy for a dude like me to understand.

Any suggestions?

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Recoil used to be a good magazine. Lately though they have had a few articles that are counter to trying to defeat all of the asinine gun bills out there.

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    American Rifleman comes free with NRA membership.

The place to start is American Rifleman. It's free when you join the NRA and you definitely want to do that. My favorites after that are American Handgunner and Combat Handguns.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The place to start is American Rifleman. It's free when you join the NRA and you definitely want to do that. My favorites after that are American Handgunner and Combat Handguns.
    I would agree with this. Just remember, just like any other business, gun magazines are out to make a profit. Don't take everything in them as gospel. There is some really bad stuff. I am bad at taking my own advice, as I buy most of the ones published.:):

paddywonka

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    If I only suscribed to one it would be GUNS Magazine and American Rifleman is much better than it used to be. For the buck, you can not beat a subscription to old favorites Guns & Ammo or Shooting Times.

Top Bottom