• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Thanks for the tips everyone, but I got crazy and picked up the Springer at IGC. I thought the price was fair, based on what I was seeing online. The wife and I both liked the looks of the S&W E-Series better, but also agreed that the trigger on the Springfield was a little better out of the box, not that the S&W was bad, it was nice too. The Springfield was also $100 less, and I get to send away for (4) "free" mags.

:postpics:

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    The pic isn't that great.

The wife is wanting to replace the grips with black and gray G-10's or wood. I've looked at VZ. Any others to look at?

Also looking at the Bianchi 19L holster. Midway has them on sale with free shipping. Any other recommendations? Probably won't carry a 1911 a lot, I've got others for that, but would like to train with them a little bit, both commander and full size models.

20170401_191810_resized_zpsce68vneu.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The pic isn't that great.

The wife is wanting to replace the grips with black and gray G-10's or wood. I've looked at VZ. Any others to look at?

Also looking at the Bianchi 19L holster. Midway has them on sale with free shipping. Any other recommendations? Probably won't carry a 1911 a lot, I've got others for that, but would like to train with them a little bit, both commander and full size models.

20170401_191810_resized_zpsce68vneu.jpg

Every safe needs a stainless full size in it.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Oh and you won't be disappointed in either the Springfield offerings or the E-series. Some old people would disown you for having an external extractor but they won't be around much longer so who cares. The Loaded is one of the best value 1911's out there.

Just for that I will have it engraved on my head stone.... "I still care". :@ya:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Indiana Gun Club in Fishers has many handguns in my opinion and in the largest range of values of guns you'll see. They have everything from Springfield and Sig up to Wilson Combat and Cabot. I don't think you'd be disappointed to look there. You can also search their inventory online...

Indiana Gun Club :: Inventory :: Guns For Sale

<<ChristianPatriot>> scooped me with the post...:):

Agreed!!!

First time there yesterday to pick up my new Dan Wesson. They have everything there from Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, Les Baer, Dan Wesson, to Kimber, Sig, and many others. With rifles on the wall that cost as much as 20,000 grand or more if nothing else it's one heck of a great place to window shop. They do sell a lot of there wears on gun broker were I ended up purchasing mine.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Had a great day with the Springfield at Farmland Conservation Club with a good friend. Talked to a new member for a bit too. Really nice guy.

I like the Springfield, and was able to shoot it along with my buddies Smith & Wesson 1911. His has slim grips on it, and for whatever reason, I liked the feel better, and it seemed easier to get the front sight down on target. Since we are considering replacing the grips, I am now thinking about trying slim panels. So the question for the experts is, can I just replace the thicker panels with slim ones, or would I also need to replace the threaded inserts in the frame with lower profile inserts?

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    VZ Grips is having a Mothers Day sale, so I guess Momma needs some new 1911 grips! Still have the question for the experts regarding thin grip panels and the frame inserts. Do I need to change out the inserts for the thinner panels?

Thanks

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    VZ Grips is having a Mothers Day sale, so I guess Momma needs some new 1911 grips! Still have the question for the experts regarding thin grip panels and the frame inserts. Do I need to change out the inserts for the thinner panels?

Thanks

They do make shorter bushings for the slim grips. I never use them as I tend to make my grips wider to fit my hand and make the cross over to my double stack CZ's easier.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There are actually three size 1911 grip bushings. The normal ones fit most everything but I have had to use the normal short bushings for a set of thin VZ grips. The ultra short bushings are needed for extremely thin grips. I have a set of those on a Kimber but those grips are only about 1.5mm thick. If you run the Pierce finger groove grips on a 1911, you are most likely fine with the standard bushings and thin VZs. If not, it might not be a bad idea to get a set when you get the grips. You can run the mid-size bushings on a gun with regular thickness grips if you swap them out later.

Top Bottom