• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Hey all,

I had a quick question about payment options at the guns show. I hate carrying cash and prefer using my credit/debit cards. Will there be many vendors that are cash only?

Thanks!

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    I haven't made any big-ticket purchases at the 1500 but a friend who did felt that she got a better deal having cash on hand. There is something about a stack of bills that catches one's eyes more than a piece of plastic.

C ya,

brian

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The times I have been in the past, most dealers charged extra for using a cc (or discounted for cash - however you want to look at it.)

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Don't be one of those people. Carry cash and be smart about it. When carrying large amounts don't just stick it in your wallet as if you get mugged, that's what they are going to ask for. I can't believe the number of people who don't carry ANY cash on their person or keep any in the house.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thanks everyone, this is good to know. I'll make sure I have enough cash.

And to clarify, I do always have cash on me... it just would be an insignificant amount compared to a price of a handgun, etc.

Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    It's always a conundrum taking cash to the 1500. If you don't, then you end up finding something you can't live without and you miss your opportunity on a great buy (or have to run to an ATM which I think only has a 200 withdraw limit). If you do take cash, then you feel like you need to buy something.

I would take cash, however. Many of the booths are capable of taking CC, but if you want to deal with individuals selling their guns (where it's easier to haggle), you'll need the cash. Lately though I really haven't found anything particularly interesting at the 1500.

beardedbrodel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    West of Indy
    I've used both cash and cc at the 1500. I've bought guns with both cash and cc. I've always managed to score a slightly better deal when I ask what's the cash price.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    If you take cash, be sure not to fall into the trap of feeling as though you have to buy something. So many idiots show up and find something, anything, that they can convince themselves is a "bargain" just to buy something. The truth is that there is very little at the 1500 that is a "bargain." If you want those, stay home and shop the Internet.

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    If you take cash, be sure not to fall into the trap of feeling as though you have to buy something. So many idiots show up and find something, anything, that they can convince themselves is a "bargain" just to buy something. The truth is that there is very little at the 1500 that is a "bargain." If you want those, stay home and shop the Internet.

Isnt that the Truth:rockwoot:

achilles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Cash for sure. I always figured a good chuck of cash sales don't wind up being reported to the tax man which may get me more "flexible" pricing. The bigger problem, as mentioned above, is I have yet to see a really "good" deal at the shows I have been too. If I get interested in something out comes my iphone to check the internet for pricing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom