• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im looking for a good Inside the Waist Band holster for a Glock 19.
    Not the most expensive but not the cheapest either, just something good that works.

I dont really know what to look like for it and where to look like so any help will be welcome.

You have so many models and materiels its hard to decide. :dunno:

I want something that would stay open when you draw the weapon like kydex/plastic molded ones, maybe leather or other sytems.
    Also with some type of retention so I dont lose the gun when I do some upside down stunts.It happens. :D
    Maybe just retention by a strap or by a fit molded holster.
    Also a good retention of the holster to the belt so that I dont draw the gun with the holster on it.
    Maybe a sweat guard on it to help reholster the gun.

Other than that I dont know ... :rolleyes:

Maybe knowing what you use will help me.
    Just let me know if you wear a IWB holster for a Glock 19 (or any other same size gun).

What model, brand is it and what do you like about?

Any advice is more than welcome.

:) Thanks!

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Anything Don Hume.. upside down or not, the gun isn't going anywhere.. and when you pull your weapon.. the holster will stay in its intended place.. your waistband.

Many people on these boards use them for their G-19.. I should know.. I've sold them to them.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I agree with the above. I have an uncle mikes for a quick carry, OWB Safari, and IWB Don Hume. I really like the Don Hume and I think there is one on sale right now.... right Machine gun?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I use a Blade-Tech IWB for my EDC Glock 27. I also have a Raven Concealment IWB that fits my G23 as well as my G27. Both of them have held up well. The Blade-Tech is my super-concealable because it tucks a tab under the belt to hold it in place; the Raven Concealment holster uses belt loops. Both have very good retention (I used to use the Blade-Tech holster for police training exercises) and are relatively inexpensive; much moreso than comparable leather holsters. YMMV, but I've had good experiences with both manufacturers and products.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I believe an MTAC by Comp-Tac would fit all the criteria that you mentioned.

MTAC.jpg

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

I personally carry my G19 with an MTAC and I love it. This is after collecting a basket full of IWB holsters over the years.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I think that hybrid leather/kydex holsters are the most comfortable for IWB. I personally have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my G26 and I love it. I also have a Crossbreed Minituck for my Kahr P380. I'd say the Comp-Tac MTAC would work well too. Before my Supertuck I tried a High Noon Split Decision. It was good, but not nearly as comfortable as my Supertuck. I sent back the Split Decision.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I prefer the Bladetech IWB, I carry every day all day with it and love it more that the previous hybrid leather/kydex holsters I have had. Cheap simple and does a great job. I also read that they are having an online sale this weekend.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Don Hume??? I don't understand that one at all? I have had 3, the last one I gave away, came with my S&W air weight used. Turned the holster upside down and gun would fall out, the thin re enforced lip to keep it open for easy reholstering was a joke to say the least.

If you like this gun and plan to carry it for a while buy a good holster. I have many good leather holsters that are pushing 20 years old and still retain the weapons and function well. My Galco Royal Guard is used a ton for many years, I have been pushed, bumped, knocked down, I have ran and jumped, etc with no problems, and no straps, snaps to mess with.

Check out High Noon Holsters too. My favorite IWB is the Galco Royal Guard (there are better holsters, but this one has been on my side for about 15 years holding my 1911 safe and secure. I do wish it had the sweat guard as you mentioned, High Noon has the sweat guards on most of theirs. I might be a bit "old skool" but I like leather holster, horse hide if it is a choice.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I agree with the above. I have an uncle mikes for a quick carry, OWB Safari, and IWB Don Hume. I really like the Don Hume and I think there is one on sale right now.... right Machine gun?

Yep.. I do have one for sale, but I have a few for my other guns.. either that or a High Noon I'd recommend.. either brand you can't go wrong. I'd also recommend Galco, but they are a bit more expensive. I really like the Don Hume's because they are made of nothing but quality.. last years and work great. I've had one that is over 10+ years old and it still looks new like the day I bought it.. then again I take care of everything I own.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I prefer Uncle Mikes cheap cloth holster to Don Hume leather. I won't be doing cart wheels while packin so it won't be falling out. The Don Hume is just plain big. But I love my cross breed

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Top Bottom