• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I've been carrying my XD9 in an OWB Blackhawk Serpa holster for some time now but decided I wanted to get a good IWB holster since its getting warmer. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good, comfortable holster? Also, how do you wear your IWB holster? I've put on some "winter weight" :) and wanted to know if you wear it in the small of your back or larger pants, etc. Thank you.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I recently picked up a TAGUA OPH-632 from Bradis and am fairly pleased with it. My XDSC.40, XD.45 and my friends new XD9mm all fit in it although the SC leaves a little leather at the end.....I wear mine at about 1:00-1:30, I could never wear in the small of my back. Surprisingly enough the .45 conceals pretty well the way I wear it and I'm not a big guy, 5'7" 165#.....

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I know that it has been said, but the Comp Tac MTAC is the most comfortable IWB that i have ever used

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I have the XDSC.40 & I carry it in a Don Hume IWB holster if I have on a sweatshirt or an untucked shirt. It's inexpensive & does a nice job. If I'm wanting to tuck my shirt in I go with the crossbreed supertuck delux. Either of these would be comfortable & I wear mine just behind my strong side hip.

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington

rangerobber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    New Carlisle
    Nice looking holsters. What's different about yours than a MTAC Or Spartan?
    I was a MTAC user but I found that after several hours of driving or sitting the clip would dig into my thigh and become uncomfortable. So my holster adds leather to that area to prevent the pinch. Also the clips I make are from 1/8" Kydex and are stronger that the molded clips that Comp-Tac uses. I also finish the edges on the holster carrier which gives it a better look and protects the leather from sweat. I also added leather to the top to cover the slide and protect it from body sweat and also protect your clothing from any gun oil. Beside that, we use the same hardware and the same Kydex body thickness. Oh yeah, my holsters also come with a lifetime guarantee and they are less money. Thanks for asking, Bob

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    Thank you for all the responses. After looking at the replies, I think im going to go with the Crossbreed Supertuck. That's if I get clearance from the woman ;)

Good choice, you won't be disappointed. It'll take some time to get the cant correct & figure out where it's most comfortable to wear for long periods of time, but once you get it figured out - you'll be good to go.

Top Bottom