• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Good luck to everyone running in the Mini tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy the World's Greatest Half Marathon.

I'll be manning the camera at 10th & Holt - So give me a holler as you run past.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Good deal, who's truck are you using if you don't mind me asking? Forgive the dumb questions, but I've never had the opportunity to work an event not inside a stadium. Those have got to be some massive cable runs if you're covering the whole course no? Hope the weather is good for you!

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Good deal, who's truck are you using if you don't mind me asking? Forgive the dumb questions, but I've never had the opportunity to work an event not inside a stadium. Those have got to be some massive cable runs if you're covering the whole course no? Hope the weather is good for you!

We have 11 locations along the route, including our Chopper. So most of the cable runs will be within 200 feet of one of our trucks. We have 7 live trucks, and I'll be out of the WOOD-TV truck - our station from Grand Rapids.

Plus, they're pretty cool, we have backpacks that use a dozen cell cards that transmit live from anywhere via battery power. And a bonus, no cable runs.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Every year watching the mini makes me envious. Had to give up running due to bad knees. WISH (notice how I worked that in there NewsShooter) I could run it with them.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Top Bottom