• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    all i had was depression nothing more and took medication for it. never once was i suicidal or a threat to anyone so thanks. if your hear to bad mouth me then go somewhere else and get your fix. i dont judge other people so ill leave it at that.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    WOW!! Somebody from the town where Steve McQueen was born!

And a mental giant in psych-affairs on top of that! Plus 245 posts in four years. Man! I am impressed. But I disagree with his opinion. Re-post soon, and show us your credentials. Thanks. EBG (BTW, I was stationed inside the 2K zone where Steve rode his motorcycle while shooting "The Great Escape." Any points for that?)
    Beause if you were so stupid to fxxxup enough to have and I am quoting "multiple arrests" when you were a teen, are you smart enough to be in possession of a firearm? Add that to the ADMITTED mental issues that the poster stated and I have questions about the person being able to possess firearms.

Juvie f'ups, I can understand, but, add the mental issues together and I get......DENIAL

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    to get some facts straight and ill admit this because its not a big deal to me. this all happened when i was 17

in high school my "sweetheart" and i broke up and i became depressed. my folks made me go to counselling and got prescribed anti depressants. my head wasnt straight and i got picked up for theft. was only arrested once and was sent to a hospital because people thought i was a risk to myself. not once did i dr. say i was bipolar or anything to that nature. i have no issues as an adult. im 23 years old now and have a wife and child. we live on our own. so judge me for whatever but im not the one looking like an ass.

Thanks evilblackgun for supporting me. many thanks

Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    Look drydaleg, YOU SAID WHAT YOU SAID, How am I expected to react to your posting?

Quoting you: " i wasnt sure if i was going to be able to own a firearm due to mental history and arrests (when i was 17)."

If you think posting that is something that makes the rest of us feel comfortable about who among us, think again.

Sure, we all had teenage transgressions, but most of us were smart or lucky enough not to get caught. Multiple times arrested, (which you said "arrests") show inability to learn from experience.

As for the mental issues, You stated MENTAL HISTORY and didn't go into detail. Sure, all of us suffer depression at one time or the other, but you didn't expound or explain the issue(s). What am I to think with what you described?

Are your juvie arrests felony or misdemeanor? You didn't state, so what are we expected to immagine? The least (misdemeanor) or the worst (felony)

What I am saying, is, be MORE DISTINCT when you post or people will assume the worst!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I didnt read through everything so i am sorry if its already been corrected, but several members said the max was 5 days. THIS IS NOT TRUE. the max is three BUSINESS days. not five. get delayed on friday, and weds at closing is when you can pick it up if nics has not called back w/ a deny.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Beause if you were so stupid to fxxxup enough to have and I am quoting "multiple arrests" when you were a teen, are you smart enough to be in possession of a firearm? Add that to the ADMITTED mental issues that the poster stated and I have questions about the person being able to possess firearms.

Juvie f'ups, I can understand, but, add the mental issues together and I get......DENIAL

People do screw up but it is how they deal with them that is more important. If it was a juvenile arrest and they learned from it and haven't been in trouble since...is it really a problem? Should vets with PSTD be allowed access to firearms? What about people that went for help for a mental condition and they now have it under control through medication, therapy, repeated whippings with wet noodles? I'm guessing that there are MANY people that should have been arrested for many things in their youth that you'd give the :yesway: to. Probably as many that have been given the OK that have mental issues that haven't been diagnosed. If he has looked into it and been told he should be good and he ends up being given a :yesway:, obviously the ISP find him a proper person. I'm not really sure that was what this thread was about anyway.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Look drydaleg, YOU SAID WHAT YOU SAID, How am I expected to react to your posting?

Quoting you: " i wasnt sure if i was going to be able to own a firearm due to mental history and arrests (when i was 17)."

If you think posting that is something that makes the rest of us feel comfortable about who among us, think again.

Sure, we all had teenage transgressions, but most of us were smart or lucky enough not to get caught. Multiple times arrested, (which you said "arrests") show inability to learn from experience.

As for the mental issues, You stated MENTAL HISTORY and didn't go into detail. Sure, all of us suffer depression at one time or the other, but you didn't expound or explain the issue(s). What am I to think with what you described?

Are your juvie arrests felony or misdemeanor? You didn't state, so what are we expected to immagine? The least (misdemeanor) or the worst (felony)

What I am saying, is, be MORE DISTINCT when you post or people will assume the worst!
    It doesn't give you a right to jump out at someone. If you want to help then that's fine. That's why I'm here and so is everyone else. If not then go try and be someones father someplace else.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    all im doing is being honest

This thread alone will get you to 50 posts!

Anyway, in your situation I have no problem with you carrying now. Just keep your head on straight, look after your wife and kid and all is good. I am no doctor, but common sense dictates.

At least you had the guts to ask a question that would obviously bring some negative remarks. Just next time add a little more detail upfront.

:twocents:

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    This thread alone will get you to 50 posts!

Anyway, in your situation I have no problem with you carrying now. Just keep your head on straight, look after your wife and kid and all is good. I am no doctor, but common sense dictates.

At least you had the guts to ask a question that would obviously bring some negative remarks. Just next time add a little more detail upfront.

:twocents:

thanks for the support. i wouldnt be hear asking for imformation if i didnt feel like i was mature enough to own a gun. a good friend of mine (retired army ranger) referred me to this forum. im just trying to get as much information possible so i can learn. like i said im new to the whole "gun" life. i have a mossberg500 and thats it. i have a down payment on a glock23 so its just nerve racking waiting for the money to pay the rest of it off. i just hope on my 4473 they clear me. the lawyer said i should be ok (he carries himself) but still. hes not the one to clear me for it.

Top Bottom