• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaCoach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Greenwood
    I live in Greenwood, and I am in the market for a new 1911. Where would be a good place to shop? I am looking for a store that has a large variety to look at. Thank you for your help.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Elmores usually has the best selection on the southside. Bradis would probably come in second along with Beach Grove (i'm guessing. It's been a while since I've been there).

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    PSS

Ill second that Plainfield shooting supplies usually has 20+ to look at and fondle... As long as you don't want a kimber... Which don't reAlly excite me like some on here... Have shot a few of them and they are good but nothing stands out about them over a colt or springer or para... I have a few 1911's and really like the sig 1911 would like one with a rail for my next 1911...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The folks down at Atterbury have a handful of nice 1911s and their prices are pretty much as good as I've seen. Elmore's has the best selection, but can be pricey at times. They will deal with you though. The Outdoorsman has a decent number of 1911s but they price them about as high as I've seen anywhere else.

Both Elmores and The Outdoorsman are on 135, south of County Line. Elmore's is behind Mike's Carwash and the Outdoorsman is across from Target. There is a fairly new shop south on 135 outside of Bargersville that might have a 1911 or two. If you head down to Atterbury, it might be worth a 5 minute stop in there just to see.

Top Bottom