• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    I am having a bear of time finding an indoor range to sight a rifle in on paper and do some chronograph testing. Where is everyone else going when it cold and raining all day like yesterday? Also, if you know of any good outdoor ranges I haven't came across many that are within 50 miles of here. Thanks for your help in advance. :ingo:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Winimac might be a longer drive, but it's a nicer range. Much better benches and they are covered. Besides, I would be surprised if an indoor range would let you set up a chronograph.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I don't think a indoor place would let you chrono or shoot a rifle.

Not many outdoor places in the area either.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    You all are the best. Thanks for putting up with my questions. I will have to check out the DNR ranges you mentioned if this weather breaks. I use to be able to shoot and test my loads at a local in door range when I lived in Illinois. It was nice during the winter.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    If you haven't been to Jasper DNR, it is free but you have to sign in a mile or so down the road. It is a pretty big place. They have pistol ranges and 100, and 200 yard ranges. Maybe even a 300???

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Willow Slough down the road(South of Crown Point) off of StRd 41, past St Rd 14. Outdoors w/ benches, has a Range Guy in a little Hut watching. No full autos allowed IIRC. Unsure of hours/days.

VIETVET191

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Don't know if you want to make the trip, but Kingsbury has a very nice outdoor range. I'm in the Valparaiso area and it takes me about 45 min. to get there. I'm not sure, but I think the Blyth's indoor range in Valparaiso allows small cal. rifles. You might give them a call and find out.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    Thanks for the other locations. I will check out the willow slough and Kingsbury location. I was just at Blythe's in valpo, I actually purchased a rifle there but couldn't sight it in. They only allow pistol calibers.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Don't know if you want to make the trip, but Kingsbury has a very nice outdoor range. I'm in the Valparaiso area and it takes me about 45 min. to get there. I'm not sure, but I think the Blyth's indoor range in Valparaiso allows small cal. rifles. You might give them a call and find out.

Kingsbury has just a 100 yard range and a pistol range. It is covered, nice, but pretty small. Don't think the rifle range is any bigger unless they changed it.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    NORTH Porter County Conservation Club. Check out their website. I have belonged for a few years, great people! It is right where I-80 crosses SR 49 in Chesterton.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Thanks for the other locations. I will check out the willow slough and Kingsbury location. I was just at Blythe's in valpo, I actually purchased a rifle there but couldn't sight it in. They only allow pistol calibers.

Willow Slough is in the process of being upgraded and as of now is closed. It is scheduled to open Late June or early July.

npwinder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Kouts
    Kingsbury also 50 yard rifle ranges. It does cost $4 for the day and they really appreciate exact change, especially if go right when they open. I went there for the 1st time this past Sunday. I got there around 10 and there were pistol benches open and a couple 100 yard benches open. By noon there were people waiting to use anything.

There's also a few Izaak Walton League Chapters in the area with ranges and the Michigan City Rifle Club.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Midwest gun exchange. It's a little bit of a drive but they have an indoor rifle range up to 308. I believe there's another rifle range in Lafayette

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Winamac is an awesome range. Just a note though...they are closed on Mondays for range maintenance, and they do allow one to set up a chronograph. I have seen it and done so. The sign in is right there at the rifle range. The Winamac range has a 25,50,100 and 200 yard range and as was mentioned here earlier very nice built in benches with attached wooden seats for each bench and overhead cover. They are open from 0800 until 1900hrs March thru Sept. 0800 thru 1700hrs Oct thru April. It is my "Happy Place":)

Top Bottom