• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Friday after I got off work I met my mom and took a small trip with her to North Judson in NWI. We went to Bailey's Discount Center, first time I have even been there, mom had been there once before. I would describe the place as a country version of sam's or costco.

Mom and I went down the isles and I found some good prices on canned goods to keep for preps. Most cans were 2/$1.00 and some were 3/$1.00 depending on the size. I got College Inn brand Beef Broth in the BIG cans @ 2 for a buck which is good since they normally are 3 or 4 buck each at the store. I picked up canned tomatoes, sauce, green beans, and peas that were in the 14.5oz cans at 2/1.00. Those were all Del Monte brands and they all had exp dates of 2013. I got some 29oz cans of corn, still Del Monte, at .99 a can. Normally at the grocery store they are about 1.09 for a 14.5 oz can of corn. The down side is you have to sort through the cans to make sure they aren't dented because some of them are. To me the prices werent bad on the canned stuff, most of what I bought went on the shelves the preps are on.

Bullfrog80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Terre Haute
    If you have an aldi's or save a lot in your area you can find some incredible deals. Sometimes they have name brand stuff but I usually buy off brand for even deaper discounts.

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    We do have an Aldi here but i've never been to it. I'll make a trip there sometime soon. I like to buy off brands alot too but when I can get name brands for the off brand price then I will buy them.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Or you could just grow a garden and can all of your yields. If you don't have a place to grow one, there is probably a community garden within 20 minutes of you. If not then, sounds like a good place to go.

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Or you could just grow a garden and can all of your yields. If you don't have a place to grow one, there is probably a community garden within 20 minutes of you. If not then, sounds like a good place to go.

I garden too, I have a few raised beds that I plant a few varieties of maters, peppers(hot and mild), cucumbers, greens, carrots, peas, beans and so on. I've been doing some canning too the last few years.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Aldi's is the best. If you have teenage boys at home that eat their weight every 6 hours, then Aldi is the only way you will survive. $200 there will fill three or four carts full of can goods.

Mr. Gadsden

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Wife always pimps Aldi for canned goods, but I don't bite for the off-off brand label. Do they subcontract to other canners and put their label on it?

Top Bottom