• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wZx2z8bI7A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wZx2z8bI7A[/ame]

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    I have never heard Jeff Quinn and "straight talk" in the same sentence, given the thickness of his accent! Gotta love the guy, he was a pioneer.

One thing about this that I think folks overlook, and is one of the realities of capitalism. I am not going to talk about prices and what the market will bare, though its a valid point to discuss. No, I am going to mention the seller's supply side replenishment of stock.

Anyone who runs their own business, knows that the cost of purchasing inventory to resell is a moving target and a large investment risk. In this particular case one must be careful to charge enough from their customers to be able to buy new inventory when they get low, so there is something there for their customers next time. They also have to be able to make money, as that it what they are in business to do.

In a market like this, it has been very tough to predict what will happen next week, let alone next month, so try to remember that when you are out shopping. And also remember that there is nothing wrong with prospering when times are good. That is capitalism, friends, and I am a fan. No one forces anyone to part with the $$$$ in their pockets....except Uncle Sam.

Obviously, some guys are out there raping people, and that isn't right. Don't be one of those guys, and don't buy from them.

Thanks from a small business operator. (Not firearms)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The man's right. After the "annointed one's" first win ammo went nuts and I just said heck with it. I'll shoot .22 till this settles down. Turns out I was sitting on about 7 or 8 bricks, once i'd added it all up. Having seen the value of having a "stash" I proceeded to rebuild it once prices and availability began to normalize. I'm sure glad I did, as Mr. O's second term revealed just what I'd expected from him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have never heard Jeff Quinn and "straight talk" in the same sentence, given the thickness of his accent! Gotta love the guy, he was a pioneer.

One thing about this that I think folks overlook, and is one of the realities of capitalism. I am not going to talk about prices and what the market will bare, though its a valid point to discuss. No, I am going to mention the seller's supply side replenishment of stock.

That's just it... the market will "bear" it as long as there are idiots that will pay it. Don't do that! Sorry, but if you go out and pay 90 cents a round for .223 that should be 35-40 cents a round, or $75 for a brick of .22lr that should be $20 or less, you are an idiot and part of the problem. ("you" in the general sense, not directed at anyone in particular)

Top Bottom