Good thing I already have a shotgun and a shovel.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    As my brother told me when my son was born...."your life as you know it has been changed forever....and that ain't a bad thing!" Congrats!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Congratulations on your beautiful daughter. Prayers for her continued improvement and mom's recovery.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Congrats:rockwoot:

As the father of a 17 year old daughter, and president of my local chapter of D.A.D.D., Dad's Against Daughters Dating, let me welcome you the club.

A shotgun and shovel are a good start. Now work on at least 40 acres, or an outdoor wood boiler.;)

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Congrats! When she's about 15 call me. I've found that keeping a casket in your garage keeps the boyfriends in line. View attachment 34956 Yup, I got two of them. Watching the boy's face walking past it. . . Priceless!!!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    As a father of four, I can tell you that parenting is the biggest headache, but, at the same time, the most fun you'll ever have.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Congrats Dad! Prayers sent too.

"Dad" is the greatest title a man can wear. You earn it every day. There are no days off or vacation days as you will carry it to your grave. Cherish her, love her, and remember sometimes the hardest thing you'll ever say to her is 'no'. Remember your life as a child when the questions begin and you'll have your answers. None of them come with a book of instructions...Dr. Spock was an IDIOT!!

There will be fun times, funner times, and the times when you can't imagine how you existed without her in your life. Also times when she'll scare you nearly to death, or try your patience like no one has ever before...they are born already knowing the right and wrong buttons to push and when best to push them. She will hold your heart in her hand. Most of the time loving it gently but on occasion squeezing the last drop of blood from it.

When the day comes that she says 'I do' to some snot nosed, little unworthy whelp who's mere existence offends you to your core remember, if you've done your job properly she will have chosen wisely...otherwise shoot the bastard before he can break her heart!

When the time came for our daughter's first date the young whelp came to the door, I let him in, and we introduced ourselves to each other. I grinned at him like a crazed man and asked him if he'd like to see my gun collection. He looked at me and I could see the fear in his eyes (and the wetness moving down the right inseam of his pants) and he said "no sir, but thanks". He had her back by ten, annnndd we never saw him again...true story.

Relish your new roll in life 'Pop'...and earn it every day.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Still improving! she loves ripping leads off and tubes out... I'm surprised the IV is still in.

My son is being born tomorrow. Let's set these two kids up.

but he won't be intimidated by guns... that is a must for someone dating my daughter... :P

Joking, but just get in line, we've got a couple really close friends that are having boys within the next couple months.

Top Bottom